Injury Report: Lance Bouma out 3 months with broken fibula

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
i wouldn't mind seeing bennett on the wing for the majority of the season. I'd like to see him get his reps at center but i don't care if he plays on the wing for a while. I hope arnold can take a bottom six center spot and run with it. good size, along with good defence and faceoffs. Stajan has his spot right now but if bennett is on the wing then maybe there is space.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Would of liked to see Raymond in the top-9 after his last couple games. Excited to see what Ferland can do with Bennett and Backlund though..
Well the center of our 4th line has taken more faceoffs than our 2 and 3 centers combined. So maybe being #4 RW is kind if like that.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Better lines but still not the best. If they're going to go with Bennett on the wing, they should go with

Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Hartley gets weird hangups sometimes.

Bollig should also be scratched in favour of Granlund.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This is what you worry about with Bouma, it was kind of a freak play if I recall but he's prone to injuries with how he plays. Love Lance, let's hope he makes a full recovery and hopefully someone makes the most of this opportunity.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
This is what you worry about with Bouma, it was kind of a freak play if I recall but he's prone to injuries with how he plays. Love Lance, let's hope he makes a full recovery and hopefully someone makes the most of this opportunity.
I have difficulties chalking this up to being injury prone, as I do with any broken bone.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He isn't saying Bouma is injury prone. He is saying that the style Bouma plays make him prone to injuries.

That is what I was trying to say, but I should have said "more prone to getting injured with how he plays". He's actually been fairly durable really, and it did happen along the boards and looked like a freak play, it wasn't by blocking a shot for a example. But as tough as Bouma is, he's reckless with his body and you wonder how his body is going to hold up long term. Let's just hope his body fully recovers from this.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Waiving Byron was a serious misstep.

To get the right amount of players, I'd say it was the best choice to make. It came down to Ortio or Byron essentially, and I'd rather lose Paul. That being said... I miss Paul. He was the epitome of the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad