Injury Report: Lance Bouma out 3 months with broken fibula

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I suspect Hathaway will, their games are quite similar. But an out of the box thought is Bill Arnold. Slide Bennett to the wing, move Stajan up, play Arnold with Ferland and Jooris as a 4th line?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Well ****. That really blows.

Gives a chance to someone to step up though. I am hoping Ferland can use it as a chance to grab a top-9 spot. I like the Arnold suggestion as well.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Well ****. That really blows.

Gives a chance to someone to step up though. I am hoping Ferland can use it as a chance to grab a top-9 spot. I like the Arnold suggestion as well.
I think it would be good to give him a look since he can kill penalties and potentially win faceoffs for us.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Raymond - Stajan - Jones
Ferland - Arnold - Jooris

If we need toughness against the Jets we could sit Jooris another game and put Bollig in the lineup.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Damn, poor Boums. Tough break.. And just like that our depth starts circling the drain

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
For those (like me) wondering WTF is a Fibula, this is what it is:

fibula.jpg

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
yeah, hopefully anyways. Stamkos broke his Tibia and hasn't been to the same player before the injury. Still an amazing player though.
the tibia is weight bearing and gives you all your stability, the fibula works with the muscles, tendons, ligaments... etc

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tough for Bouma, but I don't honestly expect that this will be a big factor for the Flames. Bouma has played at a replaceable level so far, and this should give a shot to someone else who will see this as an opportunity.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
granlund called up and on the wing where he should be imo. although there are 3/4 other good options to get the callup like poirier/ agostino/ hathaway etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->