Lance Armstrong to be the next "My Stanley Cup" Narrator

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Well, if doping is prevalent throughout the sport, at least it is a level playing field.

On the other hand, I am fine with Lance doing the commercials, hell get Barry Bonds to do one, not sure how either, given recent events, provides sound credibility. However, credability seems not to be the issue here as much as celebrity status.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Absolutely, and I'm not saying he wouldn't have won without doping.
There's no doubt he's one heck of a cyclist.

CaptCrunch

Apr 25, 2006
bleedgreen said:
i dont understand french, but from what i could gather and the look of it - isnt that just a lance armstrong hate site?

Oui, c'est un "site" dédié contre Armstrong

Translation:

Yes, it is indeed an Armstrong hate "site"

Just had to add that.

A actually couldn't care less about cyclists. But it kind of bug me for people to try to make a point with a site few people could read.

Edit: Although the arguments seem very well constructed.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
CaptCrunch said:
Oui, c'est un "site" dédié contre Armstrong

Translation:

Yes, it is indeed an Armstrong hate "site"

Just had to add that.

A actually couldn't care less about cyclists. But it kind of bug me for people to try to make a point with a site few people could read.

Edit: Although the arguments seem very well constructed.
No need to be bugged. You are wrong.
The site is about doping and cyclism.
Here's the main page :
http://cyclisme.dopage.free.fr/accueil.htm

And I'm not trying to make a point with a site few can read. It's the site I know the best, and it is in my mother tongue, which is why I know it.
I'm sure they are equivalent in english, I don't simply don't know them.

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
Evilo said:
Not really.
Let's just say I hate cheaters that are arrogant, that threaten other athletes and insults a nation because of one newspaper that found out the truth about him.

In his book, tha about the bike one, he does come across as a bit of an arrogant c*ck from when he was young. Not necessarily outwardly, just in his attitude and thoughts. Very honest of him to write so candidly, no doubt he still achieved some amazing things. Not everyone has to be an angel. :handclap:

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I wonder when Tim Robbins does one of these commercials?

And I always found that fairy commercial annoying as hell also. Just as much as that beep beep one.

infected13

Aug 3, 2005
What about Mike Myers? Hes a big hockey fan.

And as for the Lance debate, allegations do not equal proof. When they can finally "prove" it and officially strike his wins from the record books then you can tell me he cheated and Ill agree. But right now your going off on this "he did it and alot of cyclists do it" rant, but I just dont think youd be as upset if one of your french dopers won instead of him...

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Doctor No said:
Says you. It's fair to say that you're biased on this topic.
Actually he is right. Doping in cycling is pretty common. There was a time not too long ago when cyclists were gambling with their lifes becomes they took forbidden substances. It is common knowledge that lots of cyclists took them.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Evilo said:
And it would have been cooler if it had been a decent human being too.

I'm willing to bet you know nothing on the subject. But since the world is small and my goals in life prevent me from saying more, I'll not go into that kind of discussions.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
franchise player said:
I'm willing to bet you know nothing on the subject. But since the world is small and my goals in life prevent me from saying more, I'll not go into that kind of discussions.
Thanks a lot for not humiliating me... :bow:

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Evilo said:
Thanks a lot for not humiliating me... :bow:

Well, I didn't wanted that, but you started to whole thing by saying that Lance wasn't a decent human being...

In my opinion, it was very unrespectful. Lance is an example of a real warrior who went through cancer and all... Why am I wasting my time on this. I didn't meant to be rude or anything (btw the way I feel bad about my post) but I just don't like to hear things such as Lance is not a decent human being.

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
PACaptain said:
Lance will be good for people who are not big hockey fans that say "wow, Lance likes hockey maybe we should."

as silly as that may sound, you have a good point. the only problem is that only hockey fans will see it to begin with, as non-hockey fans probably won't be watching the stanley cup playoffs...

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Wisent said:
Actually he is right. Doping in cycling is pretty common. There was a time not too long ago when cyclists were gambling with their lifes becomes they took forbidden substances. It is common knowledge that lots of cyclists took them.

None of this contradicts my claim that Evilo is biased.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
BigE7 said:
I'm glad to see at least one other person can't stand how many times those 2 commercials are played during hockey broadcasts.

BEEEEF! PORK! RIIIBS! I think that's more annoying than the Dodge fairy commercial.
Amen. Silly little fairy.

Add: What is with the infusion of "BigE"'s to these boards lately? There is only one BigE that I know and I think he's the same guy over on the SIGame's boards. ;) Not getting on your case at all BigE7, just noticed there are a few of you out there.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
Just like you are.

As I've admitted.

You'd think a moderator would be above playing the "I know you are, but what am I?" game, but on the other hand, if a moderator weren't the one driving it, this thread would have been locked days ago.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
AdmiralPred said:
Amen. Silly little fairy.

Add: What is with the infusion of "BigE"'s to these boards lately? There is only one BigE that I know and I think he's the same guy over on the SIGame's boards. ;) Not getting on your case at all BigE7, just noticed there are a few of you out there.

Well my name is Eric and at 6'1" 200 I'm big to almost all of the guys on the roller hockey teams I've played for, so I've always been called "Big E". I loved Lindros' playing style before all the injuries too, so I don't mind the nickname.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doctor No said:
As I've admitted.

You'd think a moderator would be above playing the "I know you are, but what am I?" game, but on the other hand, if a moderator weren't the one driving it, this thread would have been locked days ago.
You're obsessed with my moderation duties it seems.
You're coming every two posts with a "you're biased" sentence which means absolutely nothing in the discussion.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
You're obsessed with my moderation duties it seems.

That's right. The entire planet is obsessed with you. :rolleyes:

Evilo said:
You're coming every two posts with a "you're biased" sentence which means absolutely nothing in the discussion.

Fine. Goodnight. Believe whatever the hell you want to believe, and you can have the rest of the thread to yourself for your anti-Lance Armstrong campaign.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Falloooooon said:
I think after Kiefer and Leary, we are down to Matthew Perry and Dave Coulier as the only celebrity hockey fans left.

Pass. ;)

How about Michael J. Fox? He played semi-pro in Vancouver, did he not?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
What's interesting is that the same people who defend Lance Armstrong constantly and claim every accusation against him is just some anti-American conspiracy are often the same ones who have basically judged Barry Bonds guilty based on leaked grand jury testimony and doing chronological comparisons of baseball card pictures. In other words, without any hard evidence at all.

By the way, anyone who says that Armstrong isn't arrogant or a jerk couldn't be more wrong. This is what makes him a great cyclist. Nice guys almost never become legends in cycling; most of the all-time greats (Merckx, Hinault, Armstrong, Anquetil, etc.) were first-rate jerkoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad