Lamoriello's message was clear - This is our Defense and nothing will change

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Martinez has been posting like this for years. Suck it up buttercup.

i don't expect those who are not minorities to understand. it's the type of world we live in now where racial innuendos and cultural appropriation is not only accepted and jammed down our throats but also celebrated. quite disgusting.

Nonetheless, this is about hockey, probably not the place to discuss inclusiveness and respect for all fans.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Tampa and Boston sold pieces to possibly put them over the top because they're older teams than we are, which I can respect. Lou could have made a big ass deal (Nylander for OEL or such), but we didn't mortgage the future now, because it's not the time.

OEL is OEL, but how does it look if Willy puts up 75 points next year as Arizona's #1 center?

A very prudent and forward thinking approach. Otherwise you end up with 'Lucic will totally replace Hall's production!'

If we get our core locked in at about 35 (Matthews-Marner-Nylander-Reilly(5)-Andersen(5)), and continue to draft often and scout and make smart trades and win, we can just do what Pittsburgh does and add pieces incrementally, as we become serious cup competitors for over a decade.

I intend to see a cup in my lifetime, it's the best direction.

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
This guy and his white man ebonics.. is bad.

As for the nonsensical point, do or do not, there is no try.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
i don't expect those who are not minorities to understand. it's the type of world we live in now where racial innuendos and cultural appropriation is not only accepted and jammed down our throats but also celebrated. quite disgusting.

Nonetheless, this is about hockey, probably not the place to discuss inclusiveness and respect for all fans.

Absolute babble. Absolute narcissistic babble. Passive-agressive, neo-marxist hate-inciting narcissistic babble.

What culture is being appropriated by Señor Martinez? What culture do you think people are laughing at through Señor Martinez's shtick? What culture do you personally speak on behalf of that you would insist some reasonable offense has been intentionally committed to ridicule contemporary modern social convention? And best yet...What world are you referring to where racial innuendos and "cultural appropriation" are A) Accepted and B) Celebrated under pain of compelled endorsement?

It's the opposite and easily demonstrated within this thread.

No sir/maam. I categorically reject your preferred definitions and the mean-spirited manner in which you deformed a light, known quantity that is the OP into it's opposite and worse over, maligned those that didn't participate in the thread in the specific fashion you personally demand.

The culture here is HOCKEY. Infer at your leisure. If it's not to your liking, please find a culture that preoccupies itself with your preferred code of identity politics.

Said otherwise,

bluumax

Mar 7, 2008
Post makes perfect sense, don't think it requires a bunch of asshole comments because of the way its presented. If you cant understand it.... don't comment.

I agree with Senor, Lou made a statement to the D core by not upgrading on defense, but i disagree a little on why; i think it was a sink or swim statement to this group, this season is most definitely still a rebuilding year from the management team's perspective and assessing the D core in a playoff environment will help them determine who stays and who goes this summer, and whether we actually need to make a significant move to bring another D in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad