Lamoriello and Trotz speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yea upgrading from Doug Weight and Garth friggin Snow to Lou Lamoriello and Barry Trotz would be quite an improvement. Extend JT and the Isles might finally get back on track.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Trotz is a really good coach. He’s great w the players, and brings a ton of professionalism and stability.

I won’t get into the whole Cup Run thingy, as that’s got a lot of room for debate. But I will say that any team that hires him will be happy with what he brings to the table.

Especially if said team is floundering a little bit. That will end immediately w Barry behind the bench.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I like Trotz as a coach but don't see a need to hire him in NY.
Yeah it's not like he got an all out offensive team to become a Stanley cup champs after a couple presidents trophies and division champions

He never did anything like that, why would the isles ever sign a coach that doesn't perfectly fit

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Real quiet today. Makes me think an announcement may come out of nowhere any minute.

Just this one tweet Maybe Andrew reads HF boards. If so, please elaborate.

Reactions: SI90

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Trotz is doing his tour as he should. It would be stupid to only check in with the Isles.

My bet is hes shopping around, driving his price up and then signs w NYI or possibly joins the Seattle group.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Trotz is doing his tour as he should. It would be stupid to only check in with the Isles.

My bet is hes shopping around, driving his price up and then signs w NYI or possibly joins the Seattle group.
I would agree with you on that Trotz is just doing his tour as he should. I don't see the Wild dumping Bruce Boudreau to sign Trotz as the money would be insane. My guess is this was just brought up as speculation because of Fenton and Leipold are now in MN and they may want to get the band back together.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
Kinda funny since Trotz and Boudreau used to get compared a lot as guys who hadn't had playoff success.
I know right! I just don't see it happening as the cost to pay Bruce Boudreau to walk away and the cost to hire Trotz would not be worth it in my opinion.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
If Isles could afford Trotz so would the Caps, my guess is he takes his time and waits for next frustrated owner of bigger market team to fire the current coach and write 25M check for Trotz

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
In another thread we were told the Islanders and Lou Lamoriello want to have a coach before the draft which is this Friday. Considering where Trotz is now if he had worked out an agreement wouldn't be in New York for some press conference to announce it and flying to Dallas to be at the draft this Friday and Saturday.
Isles had a conference call to announce the LL signing. they'd prob do the same thing with a coach.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
If Isles could afford Trotz so would the Caps, my guess is he takes his time and waits for next frustrated owner of bigger market team to fire the current coach and write 25M check for Trotz
The Caps just won a cup and have been a playoff team for much of the last decade. Isles have been a sometimes bubble team and are in desperate need of a culture change all around. Isles may be more desperate to spend big on a big coach than the caps are at this point.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah it's not like he got an all out offensive team to become a Stanley cup champs after a couple presidents trophies and division champions

He never did anything like that, why would the isles ever sign a coach that doesn't perfectly fit

The Vezina calibre goalie and having 3 defenders better than the Islanders best surely didn't hurt.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Given all the coaches he fired while he was the Devils GM I can see why you would say that.

Yep. He made a massive stupid mistake in letting Julien go. Hired the thoroughly incompetent John MacLean. Held on to Pete DeBoer long after the team stopped responding to him. Then had this odd Lou-Oates-Stevens co-coaches thing. Hired a crybaby homesick coward in Sutter who ran away after 2 years.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yep. He made a massive stupid mistake in letting Julien go. Hired the thoroughly incompetent John MacLean. Held on to Pete DeBoer long after the team stopped responding to him. Then had this odd Lou-Oates-Stevens co-coaches thing. Hired a crybaby homesick coward in Sutter who ran away after 2 years.
I said jokingly one main reason for Lamoriello accepting the Islanders offer was so he can fire head coaches, since he never got to do that in Toronto.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I said jokingly one main reason for Lamoriello accepting the Islanders offer was so he can fire head coaches, since he never got to do that in Toronto.

I'm curious just how much control Lou had with the Leafs. Because how much he wants is ALL THE CONTROL. However not letting him be too overbearing is probably the right way to go. Get the best of him and don't let the penny pinching miser come out

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just heard this on 1500espn radio and also saw this on Twitter:

Russ Cohen on XM NHL Network radio just said he believes Trots will meet with MN Wild... @PhilMackey @1500ESPNJudd thoughts?
Oh my! They have one of the best coaches in the history of the game! Why would they wanna can Bruce Boudreau! He's the best! Haven't you seen how many division titles he has?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad