Lammers signed by Stars

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I really liked him when I seen him a few years back, he was a tricky stickhandler with great scoring ability, he could pass to. I thought he was going to be much more highly sought after than what he was.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
scoutman1 said:
I really liked him when I seen him a few years back, he was a tricky stickhandler with great scoring ability, he could pass to. I thought he was going to be much more highly sought after than what he was.
Me too. I got all giddy on him from a couple of games when he was 16-17 and thought he would explode and drafted him in the 2nd round. Well, sort of so much for that, except that he finally did have a pretty good year this year. I think he still has some great skill, but you have to unlock the mental side of it for everything to work out the way I originally hoped it would for him. Dunno if it will happen, but it's a good move for the Stars to try to work with him. If they can get him sorted out, he might still be a player.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Starsdude said:
Any thoughts on those who have seen him?

I'd be somewhat surprised if he manages to ever stick in the NHL full-time.

He has a wonderful set of hands, a good shot, and is a silky-smooth finisher around the net. But he's one of those guys who is small (5'11" 185) and a pretty average skater. Additionally, prior to this season he had a reputation as a very lazy player and a considerable defensive liability. If you didn't know he was from western Canada, it wouldn't be far off to call him a stereotypical European. Style-wise similar to a guy like JP Dumont although somewhat smaller and much less dominant at the same age.

Getting traded to Everett this season probably saved his career, although it looked like a marriage made in hell at the time. I would have been close to calling him a write-off at this time last year. But Constantine's discipline and defensive system seemed to bring out the best in him, and he really rejuvinated his career (similar to a guy like Huselius thriving under Darryl Sutter, I guess). Still not great in the grit/intangibles department, but much, much improved.

Still, his skillset projects him as the sort of guy who most times ends up a fine minor-pro scorer. Upside is to be a guy who can pot 20-25 goals from a 2nd line and be a quality PP guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad