Post-Game Talk: lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I never gave him a pass for the miss in OT but look at how he created that opportunity.
I mean you kinda did

I did and also gave an example of why. Did you miss his play when his stick broke on the PK? But no, his aim was off so lets forget about all the other aspects of his game.
Not hitting the net on a breakaway is pathetic…this coming from someone who has missed the net an awful lot himself in the thirty years he’s played hockey

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
The sting of that loss, and the overreaction that accompanied it, was Hughes shoving it up our ass while our own first overall pick looks lost.

People are getting restless and for good reason.

So Laf actually had a decent game.
Yeah, I can't get too worked up about anything. Long streaks of crap play maybe. But over the course of a season we'll lose to garbage teams, beat good teams, lose to rivals, beat rivals. It all happens every year, yet people get worked up over every loss. "Yeah but THIS one!!!"

So who are the teams we're allowed to lose to during a season.?

No rivals - cause my feelings get hurt
No division opponents - important points!
No bad teams - gotta get these east points!
No good teams - how can we win a cup if we can't play with the big boys.

100+ points means 64 points along the way
110 points is still 54 points lost.

Reactions: Larrybiv

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
and 2 goals in just over a minute to tie game 6 in round 1, assisted on the winning goal, scored the biggest goal of the season to tie up game 7 late. had a bunch of other huge goals in the semis and ECF. all this while matched up with the opposing teams best line for defensive purposes. but yeah, again, not a player who can handle adversity...(lmao)

He can score big goals as long as he's feeling it. If he's in a slump he can't hit the ocean with the puck.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's always like this, whenever Gallant gets flustered he starts to make the most bizarre decisions. We've seen this time and time again. It was tone deaf as well to start Laffy in OT when it's clear he isn't in a great place right now, just weird.
Yeah, so when he was going good there a few months ago, he sits him for the entirety of OT. Then when he is struggling, GG plays him supposedly on a hunch or "to get him going/confidence?
I mean, does GG even wanna win games when its THERE for the taking? Yeah, keep playing Goody. Thats development for ya'.

Sammy Blais was on the ice for 19 shot attempts against in 7:37 five on five.
Wow, which should tell us all that he is SLOW and behind most plays, and really hurting the other 4 on the ice. I root for him, but these ties need to be cut. Doesn't appear he will be the old Sammy until next year.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We need a Jan Erixon/John Madden guy ASAP......Hughes simply can't be allowed that much time and space when we play him . Just be on him like glue....do we even have a guy that can keep up to him outside of Kreider or Gauthier ? I'm not sure if either one of them two is smart enough either . In saying that though I stick Kreider on him all day....don't worry about scoring....just out and out shadow him and abuse when the chance arises. It's not rocket science and I think Kreider might have a chance .
THAT was exactly my thinking "prior to" the game. Jeez, like you said, it's not rocket science stuff. Stop him, and we would win 9 out of 10. Oh and next year, they will have doubled down with his younger brother. OMG. If we can't stop 1, how in the hell will we stop 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad