GDT: Lame Day Bread: Vancouver @ Anaheim 7:30 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
I do have to admit, Fowler looked completely indecisive multiple times tonight. Was pretty awful. Know he can also play WAY better than that, though. Guessing he needs that reset.

You all had better hope he can reset, cuz the Ducks are likely keeping him for a while.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Confused as to why our highest paid D who is in his ninth year is struggling with confidence and needs a reset. Shouldn't he be the guy that the team can count on?
Thats exactly it, he is supposed to be the veteran D of that Top 4D & he doesn't act like it.
He always needs special Dman to play with him. That time they acquired Lovejoy just for him or Despres.
Always has the confidence issue after returning from an injury.
All signs point towards needing a change of scenery on a eastern conference team.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well if they go on a winning streak, those who oppose the Tank i hope they are happy drafting Suzuki who might turn out to be nothing more than an average 2C or 3C instead of getting a 1C in the top 5.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Never understood why people hate on jones, kid is a horse if he can learn to score in nhl hes guna be a damn good player

That shift reminded me of someone but I can’t quite put my finger on who. He was an absolute beast there.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler is among our worst players on a nightly basis these days.

How anyone would be willing to risk keeping him and hoping he turns it around, is something I don’t get

Problem is Murray absolutely loves him and won’t move him. I don’t know how badly he has to perform to lose that spot on the PP but he’s been awful with the man advantage all season.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Never understood why people hate on jones, kid is a horse if he can learn to score in nhl hes guna be a damn good player

As far as I can remember, it was always his on-ice antics/dirty play that garnered hate.

Trade fowler before anyone realizes he is garbage , fowler prob ruined montour and manson on his way to rock bottom

Confused as to why our highest paid D who is in his ninth year is struggling with confidence and needs a reset. Shouldn't he be the guy that the team can count on?

This x1000, he should be the rock. Then again, all of our "top 4" defenseman are "veterans" so to speak.

Fowler is among our worst players on a nightly basis these days.

How anyone would be willing to risk keeping him and hoping he turns it around, is something I don’t get

It's not about risking keeping him, our bed has already been made regarding Fowler. He's an elite 2nd pairing defenseman, yes he's paid more, but to me the bigger concern is that Lindholm hasn't blossomed in to the top pairing defenseman that a majority tout him to be.

Problem is Murray absolutely loves him and won’t move him. I don’t know how badly he has to perform to lose that spot on the PP but he’s been awful with the man advantage all season.

The biggest problem is his limited NMC. Teams would be lining up for a player of his caliber. I think Murray would absolutely move him if there was a decent deal in place. Let's not forget how quickly this team collapsed sans Fowler in the playoffs last season. The team literally couldn't move the puck out of the defensive zone in that series without Fowler. Most Ducks' fans know what he is, and expecting him to carry a defense on a nightly basis simply is who he is not.

GermanRocket7

Played silly not to draft Fantilli
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
That shift reminded me of someone but I can’t quite put my finger on who. He was an absolute beast there.

Probably this old gem from Teemu?

EDIT: Ok...the link for whatever reason redirects to a different video. I have no idea why.

Last edited:

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Does it make me a bad fan that I'm genuinely miffed about winning a game? I'd rather we kept losing right now, feels weird.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
So now that Murray can see Petttersson clown Fowler up close and personal, will it change his preferred status?

That was a sweet move. "I bet you'd like to pokecheck this puck dangling here right in front of you? What puck?"

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I over titrated but at least we won

1532287341191.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad