Lamar Odom fighting for his life

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
http://m.tmz.com/#article/2015/10/13/lamar-odom-unconscious-brothel-hospital/

Damn

-------------------------

Lamar Odom was found unconscious in a Las Vegas-area brothel and taken to a hospital Tuesday afternoon, brothel owner Dennis Hof told the Los Angeles Times.

A spokeswoman for the Desert View Hospital in Pahrump, Nevada, confirmed that Odom had been taken to its facility and then transported to another hospital, but said she could not give out more information for privacy reasons.

Link source (Los Angeles Times): http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-lamar-odom-las-vegas-brothel-20151013-story.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
This is something sad, but I'm going to have the file under not surprising. When he went missing a couple of years ago I assumed he'd be found dead and when he wasn't figured nature was going to run its course sooner or later. Hopefully if he can survive this he can get the help he needs.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
He's less than a month from his 36th birthday.

It's sad, I mean if these are his last hours even though the brothel owner allowed him to stay in his home, even though he partied the last few days, he'll have basically died alone.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Hope he pulls through.

Situation seems really sketchy. There are details that will eventually be released.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I know were not around to spread rumors around here, but its pretty well known the guy had a drug problem. An OD is almost certain.

I always feel bad for people like this, you can tell he's such a sensitive person, after the death of his cousin, that kid that got hit by his limo and the lakers trading him he just mentally fell apart.

God willing he pulls through but supposedly he took really long to get to the hospital due to him not fitting in the helicopter.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A couple updates from TMZ:

11:00 PM PT -- Lamar is still in a coma and his heart is failing ... our source says he is having serious problems with his kidneys and lungs as well. Khloe Kardashian is currently by his side.
Sources close to the situation tell us some of his organs are failing and he's listed in critical condition as of late Tuesday night.
Wow.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Its sad but would ESPN and TV stop acting like he was a star? He's not MJ or LBH. He was an okay player. If he wasn't on TV and "married" to a Kardashian I highly doubt they would be talking about him as much. He didn't make or break those Lakers teams and when he wasn't a laker he really did nothing.

S A W F T*

Its sad but would ESPN and TV stop acting like he was a star? He's not MJ or LBH. He was an okay player. If he wasn't on TV and "married" to a Kardashian I highly doubt they would be talking about him as much. He didn't make or break those Lakers teams and when he wasn't a laker he really did nothing.

Agreed.

Still an incredibly sad story... no family support at all growing up and he made it through and played in the NBA. His dad is a giant ***** and just mooched off of him to support his drug habit.

Tough breaks all over the place for the guy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He was definitely not only an okay player, and he did make the Lakers team. Averaged a double-double in three playoff years for the Lakers, and he was great for the Lakers in causing matchup problems, playing great defense, and contributing in every facet of the game. He was super talented and a very unselfish player. It's actually very upsetting that people keep mentioning the Kardashians with his name. He deserves so much better than that.

To say he was only an okay player is to be ridiculously misinformed. He was a very good player, he couldn't have carried a team to a title or anything like that, but the Lakers don't win those two titles without him.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

So much ignorance in one post, Lamar was a great player at his best.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He was definitely not only an okay player, and he did make the Lakers team. Averaged a double-double in three playoff years for the Lakers, and he was great for the Lakers in causing matchup problems, playing great defense, and contributing in every facet of the game. He was super talented and a very unselfish player. It's actually very upsetting that people keep mentioning the Kardashians with his name. He deserves so much better than that.

To say he was only an okay player is to be ridiculously misinformed. He was a very good player, he couldn't have carried a team to a title or anything like that, but the Lakers don't win those two titles without him.

Technically you don't win in the NBA without a star. Without Kobe they don't win. I hate the Lakers and I do think Kobe is an overrated teammate who benefited from having Shaq to win the majority of his titles you don't win in the NBA without a talent. Kobe shoots too much but he was one of the best in his prime.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Technically you don't win in the NBA without a star. Without Kobe they don't win. I hate the Lakers and I do think Kobe is an overrated teammate who benefited from having Shaq to win the majority of his titles you don't win in the NBA without a talent. Kobe shoots too much but he was one of the best in his prime.

How is this a deterrent when talking about Odom? You don't win in this league if you on't have very good role players who fit in with your superstars, Odom was that, he played the role of a point forward in a way and he made it possible for that team to reach the heights it did with his unselfish jack of all trades play.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So much ignorance in one post, Lamar was a great player at his best.

Replace great with good or decent. Great is LBJ. Kobe. Michael. Bird. Reggie Miller(maybe he sure was one hell of a shooter) Irving. Magic. I don't even care for all these guys but they are way better than most. I can't say I'd put Odom in that category. I was watching First Take today and Skip Bayless was talking about how he wanted the bulls to draft him #1 back in 99 because he worked for the Sun Times then. I never knew about him and the bulls coach wanting him. Looking back at #1 and notable names and all and recent classes. He wouldn't be a bust but I also wouldn't look at him as the franchise changing player you tank to be #1 for.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Replace great with good or decent. Great is LBJ. Kobe. Michael. Bird. Reggie Miller(maybe he sure was one hell of a shooter) Irving. Magic. I don't even care for all these guys but they are way better than most. I can't say I'd put Odom in that category. I was watching First Take today and Skip Bayless was talking about how he wanted the bulls to draft him #1 back in 99 because he worked for the Sun Times then. I never knew about him and the bulls coach wanting him. Looking back at #1 and notable names and all and recent classes. He wouldn't be a bust but I also wouldn't look at him as the franchise changing player you tank to be #1 for.

He was better than good or decent.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I guess we can agree to disagree I mean there's different measures. He won't be going into the hall of fame I would safely say. That is a big measuring stick to greatness. Championships are team accolades and I'm not sure all star games matter anymore with fan voting you often see the same guys in each sport picked year after year(and I get it, its a game for the fans)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And of course the Kardashians have to get involved like flies to ****

Run while you still can, James Harden.

At least the people who mattered in his life would recognize his as the solid NBA player he was.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Amen to that.

God I hate the ****in KarTRASHians with a passion.

And the media who are obsessed with them and people who are "fans" of their's and watch that trash are almost as bad as they are.

That family isn't entirely to blame for Odom's downward spiral but there's no doubt in my mind they're part of it.
Kris Humphries is looking smarter by the day.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Khloe is there because they are not legally divorced and she has to make the medical decisions. Supposedly she flew his ex and his kids out and is not having an easy time with this. Even after filing for divorce some years ago she's always seemed to try and be there for him and his kids.

Also, even if he hadn't married a Kardashian, I think Odom's life since the Lakers trade would have been a downward turn considering his past. I think he was upset being basically thrown out and I'm guessing Kobe probably helped him stay on level. From there he bounced around and dealt with a back injury and a DUI. Now he's an ex athlete with no rigid schedule, no one around you, pain from your playing days, and your best friend since HS OD'ing, that'll push anyone over the edge let alone an addict.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very sad news. Both from a human and basketball fan POV.

Not sure why his ability and career would need to be questioned in this thread. He was a very very good player. Might not have put up flashy and HOF worthy numbers but he was a big part of those Lakers championship teams. Hope he pulls through.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Meanwhile at CNN...
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...an-Antonio-Spur-LaMarcus-Aldridge-6572561.php
F4v1FTl.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->