NFL: Lamar Jackson vs. Michael Vick (at his best) for rushing ability

Lamar Jackson vs. Michael Vick (at his best) for rushing ability

• Total voters

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Vick has always been held as the gold standard for rushing QBs, but when I watch Lamar Jackson, I just see someone on a different level personally. I think Vick may have been a bit faster at top speed, but I think Jackson's cutting ability and vision is better. After 7 games he's on pace for over 1,300 yards and just under 7 TDs. Here's a link to Vick's rushing stats:

Michael Vick Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

His top rushing season was 1,039 yards and the most TDs he had was 9 (separate seasons).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jackson doesn't have the elusiveness of Vick IMO

When Vick was running he would make cuts that a RB or WR would make and could change direction so gracefully

You see some of that in Jackson as runner but I don't see him as elusive

Jackson is a little bigger then Vick and is better able to break tackles and brush off defenders

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kap.

Jokes aside, probably Vick. I couldn't imagine him in today's game with the way offenses game plan for qb runs now. He usually did it out of necessity.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Jackson is a runner that can throw and Vick was a passer that could run. Meaning Jackson is a runner first and Vick just had the ability to take off and run. Both are and were a treat to watch. Jackson more so for me as you just never know what to expect. Vick ran way less.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
It's been so long since I watched Vick play but he was so electric so I went with him. My judgement might also be clouded because I was in college between 2005 & 2009 and we used to do a fantasy draft/franchise with a bunch of dudes in Madden; my friend always took Vick with his first pick and was such a pain in the ass to play against. Luckily he wasn't patient so I just had to construct a solid team and wait for him to get annoyed and start throwing picks but my god were those match ups intense..

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It's been so long since I watched Vick play but he was so electric so I went with him. My judgement might also be clouded because I was in college between 2005 & 2009 and we used to do a fantasy draft/franchise with a bunch of dudes in Madden; my friend always took Vick with his first pick and was such a pain in the ass to play against. Luckily he wasn't patient so I just had to construct a solid team and wait for him to get annoyed and start throwing picks but my god were those match ups intense..
Your friend was a f***ing asshole.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Jackson doesn't have the elusiveness of Vick IMO

When Vick was running he would make cuts that a RB or WR would make and could change direction so gracefully

You see some of that in Jackson as runner but I don't see him as elusive

Jackson is a little bigger then Vick and is better able to break tackles and brush off defenders
This is where Jackson is clearly better IMO. He has some of the best cuts/jukes of anyone.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I haven't seen enough of Lamar in the NFL, but Mike used to take huge hits. I remember the playoff game against the falcons in 2002 and Dawkins nearly killed him and the play didn't even count. There was a reason why he was always hurt. Vick definitely had a better arm and made laser throws and was more elusive. I would take him over Lamar but I think Lamar will last longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad