U20: Lake Placid Tournament, August 1st - 8th

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The fact Gustav Bouramman dropped as far as he did gets more and more difficult to understand. Great rookie season in the CHL, nice set of tools, not a big kid but no midget either and a trajectory the last few season going straight up. Very odd, especially considering the track record sweden has had churning out good NHL D the last few years.
Timashov fell a bit too far as well but in his case you at least have an obvious explanation in his lack of size.

Neither really make sense.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
The fact Gustav Bouramman dropped as far as he did gets more and more difficult to understand. Great rookie season in the CHL, nice set of tools, not a big kid but no midget either and a trajectory the last few season going straight up. Very odd, especially considering the track record sweden has had churning out good NHL D the last few years.
Timashov fell a bit too far as well but in his case you at least have an obvious explanation in his lack of size.

Simple case of the snowball effect. All it takes is having each team having just ~7 guys they like better than Bouramman.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Looks like they're going with the Tkachuk-Matthews-Roslovic line for the final game against Finland. Milano and Hanifin scratched though.

I don't know why they bother with taking a look at Hitchcock alongside Larkin and Boeser. The Jones-Collins pairing should be a hoot to watch as well.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
What is the USA lineup for todays game?
Hitchcock-Larkin-Boeser
Tkachuk-Matthews-Roslovic
Connor-Eansor-Bjork
Bittner-Turgeon-Dvorak
Bracco

Werenski-Belpedio
Walman-Carlo
Fortunato-McAvoy
Jones-Collins.

USA starter in goal: Halverson. Backup: Opilka

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Nice backhander from Matthews after carrying it through the Finnish defense by himself. That line looks to have picked up where it left off.

Collins' first touch was a turn over at the defensive blue line that lead to a short break away.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
SecondaryIncompatibleIbisbill.gif

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Great behind the back pass from Matthews to Tkachuk for the tap in goal. Good to see these guys ending the tournament on a strong note.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
6-0 whoever finns got nothing left in tank

Laine - Rantanen - Aho line started 3rd period

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
How has Larkin looked? By all accounts, he's close to NHL ready, but he hasn't been overly productive at this tournament. Has he just been a little snakebitten? I've noticed that his lines have scored a ton of goals, so he's got to be doing something right.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Matthews has marginally better hockey sense than Laine and Puljujärvi, but partly that goes with the territory of being older and more experienced. I don't think Matthews' hands or playmaking ability are better than Laine's or Puljujärvi's, at least not to an extent that it would make much of a difference on the ice.

Defensively Matthews is smarter as of now, but Laine's and Puljujärvi's strong checking and ability to break up opponents plays is a valuable asset as well. I agree that a centre is in many cases more valuable than a winger.

Matthews is more well-rounded, but Laine is more talented I think. There's no point in debating which one is more selfish or unselfish, what counts is production and being a winning player. Laine certainly isn't too selfish, especially considering the role he plays in.

You might not care how these guys perform in a summer camp, but I'm sure scouts do, they wouldn't have flocked to Lake Placid if that wasn't the case.

Now that the new season is starting up it's obvious that Laine and Puljujärvi have caught up to Matthews and might have even overtaken him.

Whether my slightly provocative and unpopular opinion about these players turns out to be right or wrong remains to be seen, but at least you can't blame me for going with the flow and being a sheep.

Is Matthews truly the number one prospect for the upcoming draft?

Certainly not true anymore.

http://worldjuniors.usahockey.com/game/show/10935613

So today's game counts right ?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why did they play so many games? 5 games in 7 days to start the season is just too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->