U20: Lake Placid Tournament, August 1st - 8th

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
USA-SWE 2-5

0-1 #20 Ek Joel Eriksson (power play) (#12 Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson)
1-1 #17 Jeremy Bracco (even strength)
2-1 #7 Noah Hanifin (power play) (#5 Chad Krys, #21 Dylan Larkin)
2-2 #17 Dmytro Timashov (even strength)
2-3 #12 Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson (even strength) (#17 Dmytro Timashov, #5 Rasmus Andersson)
2-4 #27 Anton Karlsson (even strength) (#3 William Lagesson)
2-5 #24 Jens Looke (even strength) (#20 Ek Joel Eriksson)

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I like all the players you mentioned, to different degrees, but none of them are generational talents.

Laine have or at look it generational (at least elite) talent scoring ability. He has size to go where every he want's, monster shot which is incredible accuracy, very good hands. He plays very good all the time, every game, he is almos always best in the ice day after day. If not generational scoring talent at least elite scoring talent. John Tavares before his draft and the time when he drafted has big problems his skating and compared to Laine he is midged and Laine is monster so Laine don't have to be figure skater. Still he has good forward skating, but not good when turning etc. His scoring ability is same than Selänne, Stamkos, Tavares. But because his flaws, his overal game it's not the same level. That's why i rank him now close to 5, maybe 9 is accurate place for him now.

Draft when Button give scores, i say:

Skating 3/5
Smarts 4/5
Hands 5/5
Shot 6/5
Compete Level 5/5

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Laine have or at look it generational (at least elite) talent scoring ability. He has size to go where every he want's, monster shot which is incredible accuracy, very good hands. He plays very good all the time, every game, he is almos always best in the ice day after day. If not generational scoring talent at least elite scoring talent. John Tavares before his draft and the time when he drafted has big problems his skating and compared to Laine he is midged and Laine is monster so Laine don't have to be figure skater. Still he has good forward skating, but not good when turning etc. His scoring ability is same than Selänne, Stamkos, Tavares. But because his flaws, his overal game it's not the same level. That's why i rank him now close to 5, maybe 9 is accurate place for him now.

Draft when Button give scores, i say:

Skating 3/5
Smarts 4/5
Hands 5/5
Shot 6/5
Compete Level 5/5

Generational=Ovie,Mario,Bossy
Elite=Stamkos,Selänne,Bure,Ilya
Etc.

If Laine ever reaches Stamkos's level, it would be ridicilous. Laine doesnt have Ilyas or Steven's speed,shot is quite close. But saying he is generational goal scorer is way too much. 40goals could be realistic.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Sweden 1-0 pp goal... i think it was gustav bouramman... rather weak one for vehviläinen

Orvelo

Jul 3, 2015
Are there any places to follow the scores, because that usa world juniors page isnt following

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Are there any places to follow the scores, because that usa world juniors page isnt following

check jääkiekkoliitto or twitter if anything there... 2-0 for sweden. refs continue tradition of only calling finns to penalty pox.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
How is William Lagesson playing? He stood out big time at the Oilers prospect camp.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
I like all the players you mentioned, to different degrees, but none of them are generational talents.

Generational=Ovie,Mario,Bossy
Elite=Stamkos,Selänne,Bure,Ilya
Etc.

If Laine ever reaches Stamkos's level, it would be ridicilous. Laine doesnt have Ilyas or Steven's speed,shot is quite close. But saying he is generational goal scorer is way too much. 40goals could be realistic.

Actually he has best scoring ability what we had seen in many years, better than Tavares, also Tavares was horrible skater when he picked 1st. Laine has same or better shooting, release, accuracy and nose to go place where is best score goals. Which place to score is close to goal and of course he is monster so it's hard to try move him anywhere if he want to be where ever he wants. Still Tavares is lot better overall in every aspect (not skating), Stamkos has also lot lot better overall game, but Laine have better shot if we think Stamkos 17 years old. Laine has same scoring ability than Ovie and Selänne, but those players was and is also better overal and amazing skaters. Don't only think what player are now - think that what they was in 17 years old.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
FIN-SWE 0-2

0-1 #20 Ek Joel Eriksson (even strength) (#9 Gustav Bouramman, #17 Dmytro Timashov
0-2 #9 Gustav Bouramman (power play) (#17 Dmytro Timashov, #20 Ek Joel Eriksson)

edit: not sure if the stats are correct, whatever..

Last edited:

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
The fact Gustav Bouramman dropped as far as he did gets more and more difficult to understand. Great rookie season in the CHL, nice set of tools, not a big kid but no midget either and a trajectory the last few season going straight up. Very odd, especially considering the track record sweden has had churning out good NHL D the last few years.
Timashov fell a bit too far as well but in his case you at least have an obvious explanation in his lack of size.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The fact Gustav Bouramman dropped as far as he did gets more and more difficult to understand. Great rookie season in the CHL, nice set of tools, not a big kid but no midget either and a trajectory the last few season going straight up. Very odd, especially considering the track record sweden has had churning out good NHL D the last few years.
Timashov fell a bit too far as well but in his case you at least have an obvious explanation in his lack of size.

I thought Bouramman was by far the second best Swedish D (after Kylington) before last season. Didn't see him play in the OHL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad