Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread V (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
errr... they're 12-2 in the playoffs, they haven't blown THAT many leads

I'm counting it as a blown lead when you start the third with a three goal lead and end up winning by a hair. And the meltdown vs Grand Rapids was pretty epic. Classic kids hockey.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
I'm counting it as a blown lead when you start the third with a three goal lead and end up winning by a hair. And the meltdown vs Grand Rapids was pretty epic. Classic kids hockey.

I get what you're saying, because the Monsters have had some shaky third periods during the postseason, although it wasn't an issue at all during the year. But an immature team would have completely caved in after the Game 4 meltdown against Grand Rapids and subsequent Game 5 pounding. That they didn't, and overcame a two-goal deficit in Game 6 as well, proved to me (and them, I think) that they turned a real corner mentally. That was the first dose of playoff adversity, and they came out on the other side of it.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
"Now we gotta go try and get greedy... take two [games]."

-Jared Bednar

"Get greedy". I like it. :nod:

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hershey is out there gooning it up. Not sure how multiple guys cross checking a Lake Erie player after the whistle is okay to these refs.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hershey is out there gooning it up. Not sure how multiple guys cross checking a Lake Erie player after the whistle is okay to these refs.

LE showing good composure. Bunch of puck hounds who are faster and probably more skilled and they know that. Stick to the plan and good things will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad