Confirmed with Link: (LAK-WSH) Carl Hagelin (50% retained) traded for 2019 3rd, Conditional 2020 6th

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The optimist in me says yay, I expected a third for hagelin anyway.

The pessimist in me says we just got basically either:
a 4th and 7th
a late-mid 3rd and no later pick
for a former 24 goal scorer.

Reality is of course somewhere in the middle but to turn the struggling Pearson into future assets when they had no intention (or cap?) for keeping him is pretty vanilla, not bad or good.

Edit: pretty much exactly what @No Name The Nameless said :laugh:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
kind of a bummer thinking tanner pearson, a first rounder, turns into just a 3rd and 6th but i guess we ultimately could've got nothing

picks are good at this time and i'm glad we're actually selling rather than just saying we are

Reactions: Nodoughtyboutit

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I would've been happy with a 4th and would've settled with a 5th if necessary. I'm happy with the deal. And we can't worry about it being essentially Pearson for a 3rd and a 6th. If we kept Pearson it would've been a worse deal because it's evident that Pearson has lost his game.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Ok then, Go Caps!

giphy.gif

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
funny how other teams see it so readily but we keep banging our head against the door

Gotta keep using the slow and steady approach and play a heavy game. They've been having tons of success playing this way over the past few years, as demonstrated by their single playoff game victory in five years.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
While it isn't some amazing haul, it is still decent asset management; especially when coupled with getting rid of Pearson's contract. Historically, the Kings have always held onto depreciating players showing signs that they are heading for the cliff far too long. Very rarely do these players turn out the way Dustin Brown did.

Dealing Pearson had a little bit of risk to it, but the Kings can no longer let the fear of missing out hinder them from building a successful club. You don't have to hit a home run every time to put points on the board or win a championship.

In the end, Blake may have avoided a boat anchor to the team, sure Pearson may have a slim chance of turning it around somewhere, but it wasn't here and at least we turn it into some positive assets without the burden of his contract. I don't know how anyone can't see this as a win.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
While 3rd rounders have a low percentage to make the NHL, the more of those 3rd round picks you have they higher the probability you hit on the one guy that does make it.
Good deal for Kings
probably a good way of looking at it, gotta try and stuff the ballot box a bit

hope we continue and deal some more of the actual country club boys instead of just shuffling around the depth guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad