Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TOR] Jake Muzzin for 2019 1st round pick, Sean Durzi, and Carl Grundstrom - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good trade for both teams.
I am so happy to have Muzzin, while still having Nylander, Kapanen, Sandin, and Liljegren.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man kings fans weren't kidding about this guy, I see why so many miss him already.

Don't think you're be disappointed with Grundstrom though, he's going to be a gamer!

Thank you for acknowledging it, is all :)

Definitely sad to see him go, definitely know it needed to happen, glad he can take his emotion right back into a playoff race.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Just adds a whole new element to the blueline. Came possibly under advertised. Very strong fit thus far.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Biggest pluses immediately is physicality and no hesitation to take slap shots.

Leafs lack a big shot and mostly do their damage with wristers and snap shots. Someone to tee them up is big. Not saying he has a cannon but its definitely an improvement on what we had. Hainsey too be honest might have been our most frequent one timer.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He's yet to be on the ice for an even strength goal against, has 3 points, and a few solid hits.

Couldn't have asked for a better start.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Probably one of the better examples of a win-win trade for both teams, as long as at least one or two of the pieces to LA works out (they should, because Grundstrom is going to be awesome).

Reactions: JEI

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
He's having a great start. Really like Muzzin. Good trade for both sides, well done KD & RB for finding a way to make it work.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Muzzin has been as advertised, one more d man like him and the Leafs will be in the conversation. Thank you Dubas for realizing a major need and not sitting on your hands.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This is the new NHL. We don't need players like Muzzin in the league anymore. Skill, finesse zone entries, and stick checking is the wave of the future.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: brhymes19

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Nice to see both fanbases happy with the deal. Hoping the Kings get a good player with the pick.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Two take away for me:

1. Having someone who keeps the opposition honest on zone entries was a huge hole that has now been filled (partially. Would still like to add a bottom pairing banger)

2. Having a threat at the point is nice. Keeps teams from collapsing low.

Reactions: JEI

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Love how he first stick checks and gets the puck away from the opponent, then proceeds to hit

neversaydie

Apr 6, 2016
Mississauga
I am mindful of the small sample size but he plays such a smart game too with respect to his physicality. Didnt retaliate against Ritchie last night, drew the penalty and made them pay that way.

I did notice he was a little caught out of position on a few plays and his foot speed isnt phenomenal but we're splitting hairs here.

Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

neversaydie

Apr 6, 2016
Mississauga
But he did flick the puck out of the air with one hand when he got caught on that misstep.
Yes that was awesome, Im just being a little critical for sure, I also think he is adjusting to the Leafs style of play too, I just dont want us to get ahead of ourselves and appreciate the player for what he is: a solid, responsible top-4 LHD who adds a unique element to this team.

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
I am mindful of the small sample size but he plays such a smart game too with respect to his physicality. Didnt retaliate against Ritchie last night, drew the penalty and made them pay that way.

I did notice he was a little caught out of position on a few plays and his foot speed isnt phenomenal but we're splitting hairs here.

Ya I agree. He's not that fantastic of a skater. Maybe it's BC the leafs have a lot of really great skaters like Rielly and gardiner that it stands out a bit to me but overall Muzzin has been great. Brings an element that they were really missing. Just a fantastic trade by Dubas

Reactions: neversaydie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad