Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Sean Walker signs extension (4 years, $2.65M AAV)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Lol no. We finally refilled the Voynov slot 6 years later. He is not going anywhere unless its a massive overpayment. I dont think most people know just how good he is.
That's fair.

What would a massive overpayment look like in your opinion?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Interesting discussion on this page.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think Rob Blake would entertain offers for Roy this offseason? And if so, what would his price be?

As a defensively solid RHD with a really low caphit at $700k he'd be a pretty nice addition for a number of teams.

Blake shouldn’t even consider moving him, unless someone was really going to over pay for him. Are defense is starting to look much better than many think and Roy and Walker are a big part of that. On top of that we don’t have much depth in our system on the right side so he would be silly to move.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Sergachev for Roy, that is the kind of offer that would move the needle. Otherwise, no hes not available for secondary pieces.

Sergachev for Roy + unprotected 2021 first might get Tampa thinking, if they are in absolute cap hell.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
And that’s something LA should not consider.

If LA acquired Sergachev, they wouldn’t be a bottom feeder. As it stands (and barring injuries), the Kings are poised to be a much better team than they were this past season, as evidenced by their winning streak to end the season. By the end of next season, the Kings will have a lot of exciting youth in their lineup. Add in Sergachev and I would put money on LA being the best California team next season.

Reactions: funky

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If LA acquired Sergachev, they wouldn’t be a bottom feeder. As it stands (and barring injuries), the Kings are poised to be a much better team than they were this past season, as evidenced by their winning streak to end the season. By the end of next season, the Kings will have a lot of exciting youth in their lineup. Add in Sergachev and I would put money on LA being the best California team next season.

Being the best California team is not the goal. It would be risky and if we had a down year and watch Tampa take our high end pick would be typical of everything we had done before DL took over. I feel we are a few years away from jumping all in and turning the corner to being a playoff team on a regular basis. Until then I would not move any high end picks or prospects. I trust the process.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Being the best California team is not the goal. It would be risky and if we had a down year and watch Tampa take our high end pick would be typical of everything we had done before DL took over. I feel we are a few years away from jumping all in and turning the corner to being a playoff team on a regular basis. Until then I would not move any high end picks or prospects. I trust the process.

You have to remember that Sergachev is only 22 and enroute to become a true #1 Dman. He has size, skills and a shot. As we see Doughty start to decline we would see Sergachev peak. What a nasty pairing.

I would trade Roy (who I love) and next years first for Sergachev every day of the week. He has had 3 years of development already completed and should some be a big piece of a Stanley Cup winner.

That is a 25 minute a night top pairing that plays all situations.

Because of Tampa’s cap situation possibly making them at least entertain the thought and our need for everything he brings, he would be one of the only people in the league at this point I would sacrifice next year’s first round pick for.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Sure. But there aren't a lot of defensemen that come into the league on day one and dominate. Sergachev would be joining a young LA roster with (most likely) a Stanley Cup win under his belt. A top pairing of Doughty and Sergachev would instantly boost the Kings. I'll be honest, I'd prefer to trade someone other than Roy, and would give up even more to do so. Something like Kale Clague, the Kings' 2021 1st round pick, and one of the Kings' second-round picks this year. Top pairing defensemen don't grow on trees. That leaves the Kings' defense looking something like:

Sergachev - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Walker

I like that very much. This allows the Kings to be confident in their defense moving forward and insert some of the younger forwards into the lineup easily. Now, obviously, who knows if that's enough to move the needle for Sergachev without taking a contract back, but it might be.

Reactions: funky

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Sergachev would be great, but not at the expense of BOTH a 2021 first and Roy. Sergachev is due a pretty sizeable raise. Roy will be next season, but to nowhere near Sergachev. In a flat Cap, I would rather keep Roy.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
While I personally think it's too early for a move like Sergachev and the draft pick will potentially be very good, if it's decided to obtain Sergachev, then I would much rather offer sheet him.

In either scenario of offer sheet or trade, the 2021 is gone. So the only difference is Roy in the trade or a 2nd and 3rd via the offer sheet ($6,544,641 - $8,726,188). Roy is most definitely worth more than the 2nd and 3rd.

An offer sheet contract of the next tier would screw up the kings salary structure too much and cost too much in picks. The next tier would make three near $10 million contracts and cost an additional 1st. Sergachev is not worth that disruption to the kings. He may be worth it to another team, but not to the Kings.

Reactions: Guitpik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->