Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Kings sign Quinton Byfield to ELC (3 years, $925k AAV)

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Iggy carried a weak Flames team for over a decade. Fuhr played goal for the highest scoring team in the history of the game. Not trying to take anything away from Fuhr , but shutting the door when your team is winning 6-5 isnt exactly the same.

Game 7 of 1987 Finals. Fuhr was clutch. Flyers were up 1-0. On the PP. Fuhr shuts the door. And makes a few key saves after that before Edmonton ties it.

On that night he outplayed the Conn Smythe Winner.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I mean, it might be a small chance, but you're talking about a kid with an elite physical toolkit. I would not be surprised in the least if he became the most dominant skater from the 2020 class.

He is definitely elite physically but doesnt have the same head for the game as Lafreniere. He looked lost at times at the World Juniors where he should have dominated other kids his age with his physical toolkit, but he didnt.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Ledge And Dairy

But he is. Iginla was awesome. But Malkin is just better. Like objectively better in any kind of stat you want to consider

Jarome Iginla Stats | Hockey-Reference.com
Evgeni Malkin Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

It isn't putting down Iginla to say that Malkin has had a better career than him.
No disrespect to Malkin as I said in the first post he will 100% make the HoF, but points totals are fairly skewed in Malkin's favor. EM has played 2nd line center behind the #1 player of the entire generation and is the 4th best Penguin of all time. Iginla played with far inferior players during his career as a Flames with the exception of his first 3 seasons with Fleury and Housley, JI is also the undisputed best Flames player of all time.

To clarify, I am not saying Iggy is better, just that Malkin is not a clear better player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Kings are like Ottawa of the west. They have a plethora of exciting young players to keep an eye on. Byfield fits that bill.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I think Byfield will end up better than any player currently on either the Canucks or Flames roster, what a great talent he is... hopefully he can reach his max potential playing there. If he progresses like I think does this season, I expect the Kings to edge out Calgary and the Canucks for the final wild card spot. With a young star rejuvenating Kopitar and Doughty will be a big boost for them and they will be extremely tuff to beat.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I think him starting in NHL would hinder his development personally.

Not sure I agree. From what I see he is well rounded and physically gifted. He doesn't seem to be a Laine one trick pony who needs to learn the game still.

That said, I could be 100% wrong as my assessment isn't nearly as deep as many here

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sharks fan here,
Also agree that he has 100% chance to become the best skater in this draft.

voodoo-doll-los-angeles-kings.gif

Reebok is just CCM now right? So phew, outdated voodoo doll!

I agree, I think he should get a 9 game trial but id definitely be patient for the first year or 2

Depending on how the dates end up lining up I think most of us are assuming he'll start the year in LA and then head to the WJCs and maybe to juniors from there.

What does the bow ties line in the tweet mean?

Dude rocks bow ties instead of regular ties with his dress outfits.

images

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He is definitely elite physically but doesnt have the same head for the game as Lafreniere. He looked lost at times at the World Juniors where he should have dominated other kids his age with his physical toolkit, but he didnt.

I generally agree on Lafreniere's head for the game but I just think that's because his hockey brain is that good rather than QB's being deficient in any way, and I think people are laying way too much into Byfield's WJC as the only indicator of who he is as a player.

And I think we'll see that this year when he's playing against bigger opposition--which imo will actually be better for him--and with better support around him as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad