Claimed off Waivers: [LAK] Kings re-claim F Samuel Fagemo off waivers from the Predators

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Did anyone else try to claim him or can they now send him to AHL.
not too many teams with better records, so probably no one else
(claims from lesser teams would have superceded LA's)

1699733613192.png

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
not too many teams with better records, so probably no one else
(claims from lesser teams would have superceded LA's)

View attachment 766769
I always hear different things in regards to waivers, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think if a team waived him recently they get first dibs to reclaim and he can go straight to the AHL if they want?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I always hear different things in regards to waivers, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think if a team waived him recently they get first dibs to reclaim and he can go straight to the AHL if they want?
my understanding
they dont get first dibs

but if the guy they lost gets re-waived,
and the initial waiving team makes only claim,
they can demote without additional waivers

(Cuz it’s like the earlier claim hadn’t happened, 1st team can demote as they’d intended to )

[ NYR hoping this happens w Emberson, who SJS claimed, Sharks recently added a proven RHD in Addison]

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Fagemo is an incredibly over rated prospect.

One dimensional scorer that doesn’t score all that much.
The last two season top 12 in goal scoring (GPG) in the AHL and probably agewise one of the youngest too.

Overrated, not NHL worthy perhaps (often the feeling with goal scorers though) but there is nothing wrong with his scoring.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The last two season top 12 in goal scoring (GPG) in the AHL and probably agewise one of the youngest too.

Overrated, not NHL worthy perhaps (often the feeling with goal scorers though) but there is nothing wrong with his scoring.
I was speaking of his accomplishments (lack thereof) at the NHL level.

His production at the AHL level is just fine, it just isn’t going to be the type that survives the transition to the NHL. Imo.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I was speaking of his accomplishments (lack thereof) at the NHL level.

His production at the AHL level is just fine, it just isn’t going to be the type that survives the transition to the NHL. Imo.
Okay but that wasnt very clear.

doesn’t score all that much” is an odd comment with just 17 NHL games (toi around 10 minutes a game) and 3 goals.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Good for the Kings and their prospect.

He gets a cup of coffee with another team, scores one goal in four games, picks up a little cash on his two-way deal, and the Kings get their player back in the minors where they wanted him in the first place.

Nashville took a test drive at their own expense, didn't like what they saw well enough to keep him, and sent him back where he came from at minimal expense.

This kind of opportunity is exactly what waivers are all about.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Dear Kings fans,

Don't listen to Preds fans saying he sucks. He was dominant in that game against SJ where he scored a PP goal, think of the massive potential.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not overly upset by this. Outside of that one PP goal against San Jose of all teams, he showed nothing.

Same in LA, yet there's a strong group who think he wasn't given a fair chance and should immediately put on the 2nd line with PLD and Fiala. He's a floater with a good shot, nothing more.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Same in LA, yet there's a strong group who think he wasn't given a fair chance and should immediately put on the 2nd line with PLD and Fiala. He's a floater with a good shot, nothing more.

PLD needs to be a winger on the 3rd line and move up or down the ranks accordingly

No one would dare putting Fagemo with that lazy sloth

AHL time is fine for Fagemo, it's good to keep your AHL team competitive

I'm glad we didn't lose another asset for nothing

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Sammy must be pissed coming back to LA.
He is stoked to be back.

" “I wanted to stay in LA. I’m comfortable here and I really enjoy it here, both with LA and Ontario. My main goal was to make it to the Kings some day — and it’s still my goal. So, when that first happened, I was pretty sad.”

"At first, I was pretty sad to be put on waivers again, but then I was really hoping to get picked by LA,” he noted. “There’s a two-hour time change there in Nashville, so I got a call from [Preds GM] Barry Trotz at 1:00 pm [on Saturday]. He told me that the Kings were going to pick me up again!”

Last edited:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Basically when LA left their garage door open, their neighbor Nashville came in and “borrowed” the mower but never returned it. LA snuck into Nashville’s property and took it back.

Reactions: mfilipo3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad