Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Coach Wrobo is doing exactly what he was hired for and what he did with the USA team. His job is to develop the players in all situations first and foremost, not win games. If he develops the players then the wins will come. I don't mean to step on Stothers grave, but I'm not convinced he puts the young guys in the situations they're currently allowed to.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
Thanks.

Two more scoreless games by Quinton and he is already 10th/11th on the list (PPG) for 18 year olds, with at least 20 games under their belt.

Like I said, it is not saying much.
You not saying much is pretty accurate.

Jarrett Stoll, an actual NHLer, says the A is a tough league of men. An 18y/o making an impact is significant.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
:huh: Not sure if there's a reason to be negative here...
Chit chat about being one of the highest scoring 18 year olds in a league very few 18 year old players (see the list of players) are playing in = NOT the same as saying the AHL is not a tough league.

Than you just don’t understand it.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
And another goal

Had an assist as well and kind of setup Akil's 1st goal but didn't get an assist. His pass got intercepted but the defender couldn't control the puck and Thomas smashed it home. So if you're being super generous with giving out credit, you could argue he had 2 assists in the game! Also missed a wide open net and easily could've had a 2nd goal.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He was drafted to be a big point producer, this is excellent news to see that develop, his defense sucks but almost every 18/19 year olds does at the pro level. Even Kopitar was a spectator many nights in the defensive zone when Crawford was coach.

The Kings will probably wait to give him a call-up until the very last minute but if he keeps this up it will be deserved, which is obviously better than just getting him games to make him comfortable for next year.

I still think he'll either be a solid 1st line LW or 2nd line center by the middle of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad