Prospect Info: LAK Draft (2nd, 2020) C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Nice assist by 55

he had a better one handed pass earlier but it didn’t result in a goal but showed his vision , seeing him in the AHL has been the bright side of COVID and him ,madden,Turk,and kalieve has shown the future is brite.....madden and AK 34 are going to be fun to watch every time on the ice

Reactions: LAKings88

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
He's actually very good at those short quick one touch type passes. Wrob seems to want plant him in front of the net. He's not in a position most time to play-make from the side walls. That has been Madden's role on that line. Sometimes Byfield and Thomas interchange.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He's actually very good at those short quick one touch type passes. Wrob seems to want plant him in front of the net. He's not in a position most time to play-make from the side walls. That has been Madden's role on that line. Sometimes Byfield and Thomas interchange.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the team and the coaching staff all get used to one another. These guys have had, what, two weeks together?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That was ugly :laugh:

I'm good with him trying to be the hero int hat situation. Wasn't the complaint that he doesn't take the bull by the horns?

Reactions: King'sPawn

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
That was ugly :laugh:

I'm good with him trying to be the hero int hat situation. Wasn't the complaint that he doesn't take the bull by the horns?

That kind of ties into my criticism thus far...yah, I see a lot of trying to take the 'bull by the horns', but never seems to come out the winner.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That kind of ties into my criticism thus far...yah, I see a lot of trying to take the 'bull by the horns', but never seems to come out the winner.

Kinda ties into the ol' DL would rather have a tiger than try to paint stripes on a kitty cat.

I'll take the lumps right now for kids trying to make plays--it'll turn around.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Do they play 3 on 3 OT in the junior, college or European leagues?If not that might be a first exposure for a lot of Reign prospects.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Never? What have others in that same draft won or accomplished? Or even guys taken in the first round in 2019?

Look, I’m not really comparing him to anyone else...I like the pick to begin with and I still do. I’m just pointing out what I’ve observed so far and I’ve watched quite a bit of the Reign in this early season. From an uneducated point of view, for a #2 pick, I would expect to see some flashes of brilliance at times...I haven’t seen it.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Do they play 3 on 3 OT in the junior, college or European leagues?If not that might be a first exposure for a lot of Reign prospects.
They do in the OHL
Look, I’m not really comparing him to anyone else...I like the pick to begin with and I still do. I’m just pointing out what I’ve observed so far and I’ve watched quite a bit of the Reign in this early season. From an uneducated point of view, for a #2 pick, I would expect to see some flashes of brilliance at times...I haven’t seen it.
People like pronman and wheeler disagree with that.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

I've seen him draw a number of penalties and create a flurry of offense thanks to his combination of size and speed. A lot of guys haven't showed up on the scoresheet but have been playing well four games into an atypical AHL season where Ontario's defense has been decimated thanks to all the injuries on the Kings' blueline and their goaltending has been ECHL quality.

Most of the games I've watched has been with Ontario controlling the pace of play and Byfield (and the rest) are getting better every game. They haven't won a game yet, but I'm not seeing them get dominated and outmatched by opponents. And this year is more about development versus winning, because there is nothing to win in the AHL this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad