Confirmed with Link: [LAK/DAL] Ben Bishop UFA Rights - Signs 6 years / $29.5 million

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
According to Friedman, Chicago wanted Darling in the Eastern Conference. This quoted article makes little sense. If Dallas was willing to give up a 3rd round pick, they still weren't going to get him.

I'm not saying this report is entirely incorrect, but if you just think about the situation with any logic at all plus add Friedman's recent comment, the actual story is probably Dallas was unwilling to pay more than a 3rd round pick for Darling. That would have been the only way Chicago moves him to Dallas.

So no I don't think it's a wrong move. More than a 3rd round picks means a 2nd or maybe another 3rd or 4th round pick for a guy who isn't signed. There's no way any team is giving up a player for an unsigned free agent. Multiple picks or a 2nd for Darling wouldn't have made sense.

Yeah I don't see Bowman wanting to trade Darling to Dallas for the same price as Carolina paid for him. Last thing Chicago wants is to help Dallas fill a big weakness

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Knew that Bishop had agreed to a deal with them last July, and that it fell through in the last minute on Calgary's end. This is the first I've heard of it being ownership as to the reason why. It may be worth noting that there are rumors of Treliving and ownership maybe not seeing eye to eye.

I think originally it was reported at 7x7, with Bishop himself later denied that figure saying that it was actually lower. $36-$39 million is new information to me as well.

Bishop confirmed to Sportsnet Radio today that he believe a deal was in place, and he was going to become a Flame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->