Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CHI] Rights to Dominik Kubalik for a 2019 5th

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I thought was an old thread for a minute as I had him confused with Dominik Kahun at first. Was thinking to myself...isn't he already on Chicago?

Both played for the Sudbury Wolves for a season and a half before Kubalik was traded to the Rangers for Radek Faksa.

BTW it's nice to see Kahun doing what he's doing with the Hawks.

First reaction was fliping out thinking Kahun was traded for only a 5th when he has been a nice support player so far

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's hard to tell at times considering your bitterness towards the Kings ;)

I have no bitterness towards the Kings. Some of you just assume that I do because I criticize and joke about them here, rather than on the team board where you all do it ;).

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Stupid question but how did LA still even had his rights? He was drafted out out of OHL in 2013, shouldn't his right have expired in 2015? Or did he sign with Kings at some point?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Is he related to former Blue Jacket prospect Tomas Kubalik?

Edit- Yes it turns out he is!

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Can i ask you...who are you? really. Most of the time you pretend to be some sort of amateur scout here,
your draft lists mostly are so off, way-off, sure we all have our personal opinions, but still.
- you don't have any merit to criticize anyone

You're a mystery wrapped into a enigma.

What's wrong with Eliteprospects.com? even with its flaws, it is still the best site.
BTW. goals,assists,points are actually stats that matter, the factor what decide which team wins, which loses,
it is a goal scoring game, the team that scores most goals, wins, Corsi (and such) are for hipster pretenders
who have limited understanding of the sport, who lack the ability to analyze the game without using some crazy stuff.

how exactly are my draft lists off? put together some proof for me. most of my lists have hit quite well, you can have a look back if you'd like.
you don't seem to provide any analysis, you just spew stats that anyone can look up and view. it doesn't really provide any true insight.
i watch actual games and footage so i take pride in telling off people who don't really have a clue.

still waiting on your assessment of my 'way off lists' and the backing of this random call out

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Interesting pickup for the Hawks.

To be-24 year old, 6'2" LW who is leading the NLA in scoring. Went PPG in the WHC for Czechs last season and scored 6 goals in 6 EHT games this year, those are usually competitive games.

Judging on stats seems to be a top-tier winger in Europe and should probably play in the KHL. And it's not just one season thing, he's used to putting up points as he's been ~PPG for years now wherever he's played.

I don't know anything about the player, like speed or shot, but at least on paper he seems worth a 5th.

Reactions: smitty10

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
23 years old, 6’2, NLA scoring rate translates to 0.51 PPG in the NHL.

Very good add for a 5th round pick.

Damn you weren't too far off. His actual scoring rate ended up being .67 with a lot of things going right for him. What calculation did you use for this?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Damn you weren't too far off. His actual scoring rate ended up being .67 with a lot of things going right for him. What calculation did you use for this?

This one:

All credit goes to this guy, who is not me:

Also I’m not sure it’s fair to say a lot went right for him. While he had a very individual shooting percentage of 19.1%, and a very high 5V5 on-ice shooting percentage of 10.54%, he also played only 133 minutes on the power play, and didn’t even reach 1000 total minutes on the season.

He had an extremely impressive season, with the highest 5V5 goals/60 rate of any player with at least 500 minutes. His RAPM GF/60 ranked 24th, and his RAPM xGF/60 impact actually ranked even higher than that at 22nd, which shows that he was doing just a good a job of driving quality shots as he was at driving goals. 0.67 points per game or whatever number he ended up at actually underrates the offensive season that he just had; he was excellent, and at the very least, he should be in Calder talks as an honorable mention.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->