Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Cgraz, you are now the GM of the Winnipeg Jetsos. No cap space left, you need to sign some fellas and acquire a top-4 dman. An opportunity presents itself: GM Waddell calls ya and offers a fair deal... Svechnikov for Laine, 1 for 1. That's $6M off the books, fella. And you'd get a young 2nd overall scoring machine in return, as well. Whaddya say?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Laine is a liability and is better suited on a thinned out jets roster.

Canes look great, no need to mess with what they have their there.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Laine >> Svech for upside and potential.

Laine >>> Svech for headaches/drama

Svech > Laine for floor (ie - the worst they're reasonably expected to turn out career-wise).

So - it's really all about the Jet's state of mind. Laine's value is high, but not exactly sky-high after issues last season. I think if they decide to do a trade this year - a return like Svech would be fantastic for them, about the best they can expect (maybe even better).

I'm going to guess that Jets say no. They gamble on Laine figuring it out and ending up the better player.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Svech > Laine for floor (ie - the worst they're reasonably expected to turn out career-wise).

So - it's really all about the Jet's state of mind. Laine's value is high, but not exactly sky-high after issues last season. I think if they decide to do a trade this year - a return like Svech would be fantastic for them, about the best they can expect (maybe even better).

I'm going to guess that Jets say no. They gamble on Laine figuring it out and ending up the better player.

How does Svech have a better floor than a guy who scored 36/44/30 goals in his first 3 seasons?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Laine is a liability and is better suited on a thinned out jets roster.

Canes look great, no need to mess with what they have their there.

Some of these takes on Laine are starting to not make sense

Reactions: DaveG

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Quick mafs:
You score 40 but is so bad defensively that you let in 45. How’s is that an asset?

That's not the case for Laine. He's been a positive GF% player in his career and will continue to be one even if he has a bad CF% because his team is much more efficient at shooting when he is on the ice than the opposition. This is the case for almost all players with elite shots.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
That's not the case for Laine. He's been a positive GF% player in his career and will continue to be one even if he has a bad CF% because his team is much more efficient at shooting when he is on the ice than the opposition. This is the case for almost all players with elite shots.
I got to look more into and understand these stats before I can comment on them but every time I saw Laine play last season he was a huge disappointment defensively, lazy on the puck and just didn’t care. I don’t like +\- but I would say using it against your own teammates and especially looking at how egregious his -24 compared to the next closest at -12 is a somewhat fair assessment. Especially with the crap from him I saw after his 18 goal month, he was a disaster. If he can get it together then good for him, seriously. If he can’t, I would never give too much for him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Wasn't he one of the worst gf% players last year?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Quick mafs:
You score 40 but is so bad defensively that you let in 45. How’s is that an asset?

It’s not like Laine is directly responsible for tons of goals against.

Are you trying to say that every player who’s on the ice for more goals against than for is a liability?

None of what you said has any basis for an argument.

Oilers Propagandist

Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It’s not like Laine is directly responsible for tons of goals against.

Are you trying to say that every player who’s on the ice for more goals against than for is a liability?

None of what you said has any basis for an argument.
Im saying that Laine is a liability. He is trash, my eyes didn’t deceive me when I saw his lazy ass attempt to cover his man leading to goals against, extremely lazy passes etc. It was embarrassing to watch. I think he is better than that, but we’ll see this season.

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
Laine has not met my expectations at all, dont even know what to think of him, watch him be sluggish again tonight. I used to think he was the Finn with most potential, now hes not even top 5 sadly.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario

Laine is not good 5v5
amongst regular Winnipeg forwards over the last two seasons, Laine is 14th in on-ice goal differential

Last edited:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Laine is not good 5v5
amongst regular Winnipeg forwards over the last two seasons, Laine is 14th in on-ice goal differential

He's 9/12 among WPG F in 5v5 GF% the last two years.

That is misleading though everyone is bunch. He's right behind Wheeler and Ehlers and right ahead of Connor. That doesn't tell you much of anything since it is so close that 1 or 2 goals in either direction can completely swing the order.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
He's 9/12 among WPG in 5v5 GF% the last two years.

That is misleading though everyone is bunch. He's right behind Wheeler and Ehlers and right ahead of Connor.

I still stick with my opinion of him being not a good player 5v5.
this was a comparison of this years crop of RFA's. They analyzed the numbers to try and determine what each players salary should be relative to their numbers and the market. Most salary negotiations take into the past 2 years, and this what what the numbers showed.

Laine on the PP = deadly deadly player
Laine 5v5 = pretty meh.
yost2.PNG

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Svechnikov has that combination of high end offensive talent and ability to physically impose his will on a game that HF just gets so wet over. He'll probably put up 25/30/55 this year and be annoited the 2nd coming of Forsberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->