Laine vs Kakko in keeper league

Lumpy Grits

Sep 30, 2019
Have really been out the hockey loop for years and need some advice on these players’ floors/ceilings and on which I should draft at #2...

Would Laine’s ceiling be around 45-50g and 30-35a??? Good chance he reaches it??? Would this last season do anything to change his ceiling/floor in your opinion???

Don’t know much about Kakko...

10 teams, 20 man roster, keep 10.

3-goals
2-assists
.5 plus/minus
1-power play points

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Laine

not a chance does Kaako average 37g his first 3 years in the league.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I'd go Laine myself.
A young, now established player in the NHL who has shown he can produce in the league over a player (albeit a very talented one) who has yet to play a minute of NHL time?
Easy enough.

All the ridiculous 'dumping' people are doing on Laine is just ignorant.
For whatever reason, people are somehow expecting the next great HOF winger in the person of Laine, instead of just accepting that he is a fantastic goal scorer, who STILL needs to go through his "growing pains" (just like Kakko), but AS he does so, he still helps his team on the scoreboard.

Kakko will find being highly productive on a Ranger team that is still trying to find itself to be very, very challenging.

Laine will have a better go of it with the Jets and even after the two year contract he just signed is up and he DOESN'T stay with Winnipeg, you can bet he will land somewhere where he will be on a contender and playing a big role on a team's top six and top PP units.

This isn't bashing Kakko in any way, or to suggest he will be a "bust"...but rather to point out that Laine has the goods NOW, even with his "young player flaws", and I don't even think twice about taking Laine in a keeper scenario over Kakko at this stage in their careers.

Reactions: MMANumminen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->