Laine relegated to the 4th line

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Perfect.....

Torts have finally gone on full insane mode.

Tortorella must have some really seriously incriminating
pictures of Jarmo Kekäläinen, Jackets owner, or whom ever
he blackmails to keep his job.

Torts is probably worse coach than PoMo at the moment...
mentally ill or something..

If Tortorella still keeps his job after this season...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think people gotta stop blaming Torts on this.

This has to suck for Columbus though. They have cap space so can qualify him for 7.5 m.

Or

You let your asset go for free.

As a pens fan I'd be tempted to try to get him for a cheap deal if he doesn't get qualified. Bed have a lot of teams lining up for his potential.

Wonder what team he would go to and how much.

With the way he's been playing, he probably is not getting that qualifying offer. Small part of me is thinking it's his plan. But with the effort he's shown this season, he's worth no more than 1.5-2 million for one year deal.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
They have both hit 40 goals once in their careers. Obviously Laine is considerbly younger and still has time to rebound but both players aren't exactly on an upward trajectory.
No doubt there. I think Laine would do well with McDavid where Skinner would be a lame addition to Edm

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Phil Kessel is another one. Great shot, excellent on the second or third line and PP, but no way he should ever have been top line, or paid top line money.

Good post. It's the truth and some posters like the one in post # 45 said don't get it and never will.

Soft lazy floater. Casual or newbie fans think all it takes to be a good hockey player is to have a good shot. The sizzle is there, the substance isn't. Complete hockey players detest playing with guys like Liane and kielsel.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Phil Kessel is another one. Great shot, excellent on the second or third line and PP, but no way he should ever have been top line, or paid top line money.

He won 2 cups posting 90+ point seasons with consecutive 30 goal seasons. Kessel put unquestionable work ethic into the post season and although he was by no stretch a defensive minded player, pens fans will come to bat for how much of a better effort he brings night in and night out.

Laine is an entitled brat.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Why not sit him rather than play him on the 4th line? Certainly a plug would fill that role better. What a disaster this is turning out to be.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
With the way he's been playing, he probably is not getting that qualifying offer. Small part of me is thinking it's his plan. But with the effort he's shown this season, he's worth no more than 1.5-2 million for one year deal.

I Mean that's the issue.
You traded a top 6 C (1st line center possibly as well) for this guy.

Letting him loose means you lost your asset.
Columbus I know is a small market team but you almost have to bite the bullet I feel and give it another go with a different coach.

Very tough decision for management because he is worth nothing right now and it's either give him up or sign him at 7.5 million.

Reactions: Plural

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I Mean that's the issue.
You traded a top 6 C (1st line center possibly as well) for this guy.

Letting him loose means you lost your asset.
Columbus I know is a small market team but you almost have to bite the bullet I feel and give it another go with a different coach.

Very tough decision for management because he is worth nothing right now and it's either give him up or sign him at 7.5 million.

I wouldn't sign him. He either is a completely unfit to the team or he just full stop doesn't wan't to play there. It was a trade that seemingly backfired. Just cut your losses and let him go.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Are you talking about rookie Mcdavid or current Mcdavid?

Current Mcdavid is above average defensively. I have stats to prove it, but its just too much work.
That's right. There are a whopping 18 forwards who have been on the ice for more goals against. (15 of them have played at least part of the season on teams that are currently out of a playoff position, six of them on last place teams.)

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Are you talking about rookie Mcdavid or current Mcdavid?

Current Mcdavid is above average defensively. I have stats to prove it, but its just too much work.
To be fair, I don't watch Mcdavid all games this season. I only watched vs leafs / Calgary / Vancouver. I saw him did fly-by or cheat on the break-out sometimes, and a few times this led to a goal against. Of course, he did score once in a while with the rush.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He won 2 cups posting 90+ point seasons with consecutive 30 goal seasons. Kessel put unquestionable work ethic into the post season and although he was by no stretch a defensive minded player, pens fans will come to bat for how much of a better effort he brings night in and night out.

Laine is an entitled brat.
Pittsburgh was a perfect fit for Phil. Played on the second or third line, and lots of PP time (and probably the third or fourth best player on it, so he had lots of room). And Pittsburgh wasn't paying him top line money.

Perfect situation all round.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
It's the lazy players fault before it's the tough coaches fault. I'm not sure Tortorella has lost the CBJ locker room, usually a coach gets let go quickly (torts himself in the past is an example) when that happens.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
A 23-year-old scorer of 30+ goals? His slump isn't going to keep teams away from him.

He hasn't been a 30+ scorer this year and there's bunch of red flags. 7,5 million deal for him is not a desirable market value.

41 games, 10 goals, 8 assists and -26. He's absolutely horrible this season.

Reactions: inactive user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad