Player Discussion: Laine (mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
We are seeing Patrik Laine year 1 BUT

Bigger , faster and more experience.

Im excited now.
But holy smoke in 2 years !!!!!
Go Laine

Hope coach Mo dont screw this up when B Lits comes back.. no offense Lits

I would Like
Copp Lowry Little as checking line please

Or copp lowry / perrault little as bottom 6 2 lines.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
^ Still want to trade him?

I would trade anyone.......for the right price and I do mean anyone.

But to your point, yes this year he's been much better player & attitude & work ethic then his first three years. A bit of maturing & self reflection can do wonders for young players. No one has doubted he had big potential, let's hope he keeps it up for the benefit of the team.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Laine leads NHL in points, assists and also leads NHL in +/- (what the..?).

8 hits on people in today's game. Way more than anyone else.

I love this motivated Laine. More minutes with Scheifele and Wheeler found his motivation.

5O0jrrf.jpg

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Somebody is ready for prime time. He’s be a huge addition to that first line, his play in all areas of the ice has been great to watch. He was a beast tonight.

He keeps this type of play up or even close to it the coach can't remove him from the line......which is what many fans said Laine had to do.....aka make it impossible to remove him. Of course if the line ever gets cold, the blender should rightfully come out, but that should be for a short time period only before Laine would get another chance. Laine was given a chance again this year and he's running with it, good for him & the Jets. Ironically he appears to be turning into the power forward & excelling at it.....haha. Full marks to Laine on his performance & improved work ethic/maturity this year.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He keeps this type of play up or even close to it the coach can't remove him from the line......which is what many fans said Laine had to do.....aka make it impossible to remove him. Of course if the line ever gets cold, the blender should rightfully come out, but that should be for a short time period only before Laine would get another chance. Laine was given a chance again this year and he's running with it, good for him & the Jets. Ironically he appears to be turning into the power forward & excelling at it.....haha. Full marks to Laine on his performance & improved work ethic/maturity this year.

Maurice could also consider separating Wheeler sometimes if it comes down to that.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Would love to see Connor Roslovic Ehlers.

Copp has been given fave games so far, hasn't been super impressive to-date. Yup I would like to see Jack get a similar chance at 2c. KC & Ehlers with Jack would be a sick fast line.......but not the best defensively.

Reactions: 204hockey

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Somebody is ready for prime time. He’s be a huge addition to that first line, his play in all areas of the ice has been great to watch. He was a beast tonight.

What is frightening is that statistically he is going to hit his prime 2 years from now and stay there some 5-6 seasons before slow decline.

At least that is what happens on average, and for a long guy that might be the case.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Ha, ha, It’s ironic how mad you sound. You’ve been wrong about him. It’s ok.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, I for one believe that there were real issues with his back last year - and in any case he is ridiculously young and just recently growing into his big size, and the physical training programme has clearly been planned for the long term. I have never understood the weird and irrational criticism of him. Obviously there is always room for reasonable criticism and improvement but with Laine people for some reason go over the top - well, to be fair, to both directions.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017

We will see lots of this as long as Scheifele and Laine are on the same line :DD

The Wild fall back with 4 players and be like "we got this, it's just a 2 on 4", and then BOOM! Scheifelaine strikes out of nowhere.

Last edited:

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

We will see lots of this as long as Scheifele and Laine are on the same line :DD

The Wild fall back with 4 players and be like "we got this, it's just a 2 on 4", and then BOOM! Scheifelaine strikes out of nowhere.

For those type of crazy goals there is no other option than keep these two together, this team simply has no other player than Scheif who can deliver such a pass

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary

Ha, looks like coach Wheeler has just locked Laine onto the top line :sarcasm: I certainly don't mind seeing Wheeler and Scheifs feeding Laine for the next 77 games, especially considering whenever Laine joins the top line, Wheeler starts scoring goals himself instead of just setting up his linemates. I remember this happened last season too.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Pretty gooooood, pretty prettyy gooooooood. Not a bad start for the season. Just imagine this guy in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad