Laine+Matthews vs Boeser+Barazal

Laine+Matthews vs Boeser+Barzal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
imo Matthews>Barzal>Laine>Boeser. All will be high impact players for their respective teams though

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Anyone who doesn’t take Matthews or Laine should sit in the quiet room for 15 minutes.

On the mainboard, Isles fans are making the argument that Barzal should be considered closer to the Crosby tier than the Matthews tier. Laine is also getting slagged undeservedly on that board, so I am wondering if that's just a few loud people or the majority.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
This is Matthews and Laine easily, I've stated plenty of time that Barzal's stats are inflated by the Islanders system and Boeser is playing well but the age old adage that someone has to score on a bad team.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
On the mainboard, Isles fans are making the argument that Barzal should be considered closer to the Crosby tier than the Matthews tier. Laine is also getting slagged undeservedly on that board, so I am wondering if that's just a few loud people or the majority.
Why stop there? Put him in that Gretzky and Lemieux category :laugh:

Reactions: FishManSam

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Which duo do you take?

Duo 1
Center

2015 #16 overall
61gp 16g 42a 62p
Height 6'0 Weight 189
RW
2015 #23 overall
63gp 31g 23a 54p
Height 6'1 Weight 191

Duo 2
Center

2016 #1 overall
131gp 66g 50a 116p
Height 6'3 Weight 216
RW
2016 #2 overall
130gp 61g 45a 106p
Height 6'5 Weight 206

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
No Isles fan has said this

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews>>>Barzal>Boeser>Laine

So the first group has what is by far the best of the group and the worst of the group. But I think Matthews is enough to tip the scales in their favor.

Columbia

Dec 23, 2017
Matthews>>>Barzal>Boeser>Laine

So the first group has what is by far the best of the group and the worst of the group. But I think Matthews is enough to tip the scales in their favor.
Not sure how you can say Matthews is THAT much better than Barzal. Not saying Barzal is the better player, but the play of each player this year certainly dictates the gap isn't as significant as you might claim.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure how you can say Matthews is THAT much better than Barzal. Not saying Barzal is the better player, but the play of each player this year certainly dictates the gap isn't as significant as you might claim.
Barzal plays run and gun with no care whatsoever for defense as instructed by the Islander's coaching staff. They won't be playing that way forever, when they start implementing some defense, Barzal's production will tank badly.

I welcome and respect your opinion though.

Columbia

Dec 23, 2017
Barzal plays run and gun with no care whatsoever for defense as instructed by the Islander's coaching staff. They won't be playing that way forever, when they start implementing some defense, Barzal's production will tank badly.

I welcome and respect your opinion though.
This is simply an incorrect statement. I don't know how many Islanders games you watch, but many of Barzal's points initiates from the opponent's zone. In addition, many of the passes and moves Barzal completes on the ice are due to his talent, not because the Islanders cannot play a lick of defense currently. :P

I welcome your opinion as well, but I simply think you are disregarding Barzal's production too swiftly.

Reactions: LordNeverLose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->