Injury Report: Laine injury PANIC! PANIC! OH GOD PANIC! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
With the news that he'll be out 4 - 14 days. Most likely he'll miss 4 games and return to the Leafs game, and by then it's too late for him to catch the lead and win it

I think he only misses 2 games and Ovechkin didn't score today. 2 games is exactly what I was expecting before today. "This news" as you put it didn't change a thing for my own expectations.

Also Maurice never actually said Laine would be out 4-14 days. Did you actually listen to him? He said other players who've had similar injuries are typically out 4-14 days. He was generally positive about Laine and expects him back soon.

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
I think he only misses 2 games and Ovechkin didn't score today. 2 games is exactly what I was expecting before today. "This news" as you put it didn't change a thing for my own expectations.

Also Maurice never actually said Laine would be out 4-14 days. Did you actually listen to him? He said other players who've had similar injuries are typically out 4-14 days. He was generally positive about Laine and expects him back soon.
So you are presuming Laine is a super human who heals quicker than other players with similar injuries :huh: Well I guess we will see next week if he will play or not. If not, like I said before, goodbye rocket

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So you are presuming Laine is a super human who heals quicker than other players with similar injuries :huh: Well I guess we will see next week if he will play or not. If not, like I said before, goodbye rocket
The injury happened March 20th. The Nashville game Sunday would be 5 days, the Boston game Tuesday would be 7 days. Personally I think he is back the 1st game of the road trip on March 29th putting him at 9 days at the exact mid point of Maurice's window.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
C'mon Patty...what would Ovi do? No way he sits out with a bruise in the thick of a rocket race.

What would Ovi do.......let’s see........great things in the regular season that will get him into the hall of fame but come up short year after year when it actually counts.

Take your time Pate the real season starts in 3 weeks.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
He is playing for the Jets in May, and hopefully in June too.

Winnipeg would have to make it to the conference finals to still be playing when the playoffs start in Copenhagen. The chances of the Jets making it that far are clearly under 50 percent.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hockey (my absolute favourite team sport) is incredibly risky. Anyone who plays through an NHL season without significant injury is either genetically gifted, really lucky, or both. :nod:

I sort of agree with this post, and sort of don't. I think if the Jet's instruct their star players like Laine, Ehlers, Scheif, Statsny, Connor-- to "not block " shots --it would be very smart, and we wouldn't lose them for periods of the season.

Why would you have these kind of scorers blocking shots ??- Gretzky and guys like him didn't do that type of thing, and were always in the lineup. Let the "blue collar" players do this--and we have lot's of them.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

I sort of agree with this post, and sort of don't. I think if the Jet's instruct their star players like Laine, Ehlers, Scheif, Statsny, Connor-- to "not block " shots --it would be very smart, and we wouldn't lose them for periods of the season.

Why would you have these kind of scorers blocking shots ??- Gretzky and guys like him didn't do that type of thing, and were always in the lineup. Let the "blue collar" players do this--and we have lot's of them.

GNP, I was referring to all parts of the game, not just shot-blocking. Shot blocking takes the risk through the stratosphere. That decision is up to the players, but I'm guessing guys like Ovi don't block many shots - and that may support your point.

Reactions: GNP

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Haven't felt such frustration since last year when Laine went down for the first time. Then competing for Calder and now when competing for the Rocket (oh the irony!) where one might even say that he had the upper hand considering the recent games. Can't but hope he doesn't lose more than a few games max and still has a shot. If not, then for the playoffs we wait.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
GNP, I was referring to all parts of the game, not just shot-blocking. Shot blocking takes the risk through the stratosphere. That decision is up to the players, but I'm guessing guys like Ovi don't block many shots - and that may support your point.
Even star players will potentially need to block shots 5v5. Closing lanes is the name of the game. But Laine should have not attempted to block in that fashion. Hopefully Mo has realized he'll need to be coaching some of these guys how to do it in the safest way

Reactions: kanadalainen

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

When did I say anything like that? Why do people do things like this on this forum. I actually counted the days. Did you?

You do realize that when Maurice made his statement 2 days had already passed by right? Meaning 4 days is tomorrow.

Last I checked he was still only 1 goal behind BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->