Laine: how many goals in the next 25 games?

how many goals in the next 25 games?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
If the Jets trade for Stone which was reported on insider trading that the Jets would be interested in him, I say 0 - 5 would be a fair expectation for him as he would likely be pushed down to the 3rd line.

In all honesty Jets should probably just trade him while he still has a little bit of value. Could possibly get a mid 1st, a decent prospect and some solid depth players for him from a team that is desperate right now.

Reactions: IPS

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
If the Jets trade for Stone which was reported on insider trading that the Jets would be interested in him, I say 0 - 5 would be a fair expectation for him as he would likely be pushed down to the 3rd line.

In all honesty Jets should probably just trade him while he still has a little bit of value. Could possibly get a mid 1st, a decent prospect and some solid depth players for him from a team that is desperate right now.
He isn't that bad god damn. Hes still very young and going through a slump like most young players do. Worth a lot more than what you're saying.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Agreed 100%. I believe the Jets have severely botched the development of Laine and if he's to maximize his potential, it needs to be with another team.

Reactions: Binister

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He isn't that bad god damn. Hes still very young and going through a slump like most young players do.

Most young players develop as their professional career progresses, which parts of Laine's game have developed in your opinion? It is his third season in the league and I can hardly think of anything in which he is better now than he was as a rookie. Often enough it looks like he has outright regressed.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Most young players develop as their professional career progresses, which parts of Laine's game have developed in your opinion? It is his third season in the league and I can hardly think of anything in which he is better now than he was as a rookie. Often enough it looks like he has outright regressed.
He can obviously still play at that level though if he had the past 2 seasons. I juet think this season is an off one for him. Can't see him not potting 40 goals at least again in the future.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Interesting.. his totals for first 50 games per season:

2016-17: 23
2017-18: 22
2018-19: 25 <-- huh, this was actually his best season scoring wise for the first 50 games.. wtf??

Anyways, I vote for 10-15.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Interesting.. his totals for first 50 games per season:

2016-17: 23
2017-18: 22
2018-19: 25 <-- huh, this was actually his best season scoring wise for the first 50 games.. wtf??

Anyways, I vote for 10-15.
Sure but if you do it for 57 games (the actual amount of games he played so far this year) it's 31, 25 and 25.
I'm not making any point on what he'll score the rest of the way. I just don't think it's fair to make a point by selecting a sample that would fit a point you're trying to make.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully 25+ to make up for the fact I traded Kucherov for him in fantasy lol

The crazy thing about Laine is... If he scored 25+ and if at the end of the season you create a poll here asking "is anyone shocked that Laine scored over 25 goals in his last 25 games?" - I would expect over 90% of voters would say that no, they are not shocked.

Crazy how up and down he's been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->