Laine has already 70% amount of assists than he had in the whole last season

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm when played with the right players Little is still a really good player. It's not his fault Chevy burned a pick for Hayes last year. Little out produced what Hayes brought to the table and that was with Laine on his line who wasn't scoring points period.

Maurice put two guys (Laine and Ehlers) on a line with Little and he couldn't create offense the way they needed and they couldn't support his straight line cycle game. Just a bad utilization of our roster.
So you still think Little is good? Sorry, this is derailing the thread!

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Bryan little used to put up very respectable point totals fifties and even the sixties (I think? Or he put up fifty something in like 60-70
Games or something crazy) as a second line player if I’m not mistaken.

And I don’t really get that anyway because like I said the jets have pretty good depth he also got to play with ehlers at times even Connor I believe and Roslovic.

And scoring all those goals on the PP with again byfuidlen connor scheiefle Wheeler all setting him up you can see why he scored most of his goals there

He’s improved in the first five games, that’s excellent but let’s not overreact yet, remember this guy does this all the time where he’s a beast for a bit. Let’s just wait, I’m not saying this to doubt him or not give him credit but were nine days into the season guys. Nine days.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Bryan little used to put up very respectable point totals fifties and even the sixties (I think? Or he put up fifty something in like 60-70

And I don’t really get that anyway because like I said the jets have pretty good depth he also got to play with ehlers at times even Connor I believe and Roslovic.

And scoring all those goals on the PP with again byfuidlen connor scheiefle Wheeler all setting him up you can see why he scored most of his goals there

He’s improved in the first five games, that’s excellent but let’s not overreact yet, remember this guy does this all the time where he’s a beast for a bit. Let’s just wait, I’m not saying this to doubt him or not give him credit but were nine days into the season guys. Nine days.

Not a jets fan but own Laine in fantasy pools and just the eye test alone you can see this kid has fine tuned his attitude and adjusted his game. He's forechecking, back checking, hitting and playmaking. Most of those things were non existent in his pedigree last season. Especially even strength production which he has done so much of already. Not saying you are wrong about the wait and see approach but hes also still 21, to expect last year to be the norm going forward was ridiculous for whoever thought that way.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Not a jets fan but own Laine in fantasy pools and just the eye test alone you can see this kid has fine tuned his attitude and adjusted his game. He's forechecking, back checking, hitting and playmaking. Most of those things were non existent in his pedigree last season. Especially even strength production which he has done so much of already. Not saying you are wrong about the wait and see approach but hes also still 21, to expect last year to be the norm going forward was ridiculous for whoever thought that way.

Okay, I said this in the other page about how it’s great that he’s playing like a different player based on the eye test. Its still five games and 9 days. Buffalos playing like a different team under Krueger with the eye test does that mean they’re an elite Team now? Of course not. I’m not saying Laine isn’t elite for his age either I’m just saying he’s known for these stretches, if you have more faith because his all around game has improved, great? I would suggest it would by playing with two guys that always score 80ish pts alone.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B

As I said those "beast for a bit" always happened with a line change or in one case, winger change.

He doesn't have the low lows with anyone but Little. It's not about how good or bad Little is, it's plain bad coaching to insist on what won't work. Only works against the teams best interest and frustrates the players forced to play with eachother.

What I've tried to get across is, the only really big and meaningful change is the which center he plays with. He doesn't get ice cold with centers that fit him. Hasn't been that way before so why would I expect him to be now?

You might not have known how his cold streaks coincide playing with Little, but that is the truth. And apparently one of those things that only people who have really watched him with different players can notice. Even many fans have missed the obvious common denominator and thought the cold streaks are mainly him. I agree he has blame in it too, he allowed himself to get frustrated which showed as lack of interest. But much more one should blame the coach who destroyed his offensive game by playing him as a defense first fwd and frustrated him to the point of mailing it in. Bad managers can bring out the worst in employees. They almost lost him this offseason due to his role and usage.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
It really is amazing what picking up second assists on amazing Scheifele feeds will do for someone's reputation. 5 of his 7 assists are secondary

Reactions: libertarian

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
When is the last time Little was good? How do we get rid of that contract? There is a reason we’ve been bleeding draft picks for him.
Little was better last season than Laine, and people say Laine is a superstar, top 5 player in the world soooo

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
It really is amazing what picking up second assists on amazing Scheifele feeds will do for someone's reputation. 5 of his 7 assists are secondary

Its amazing that motley collection of inexperiences reserve D-men can produce so much points for the top offensive platoon... by scoring so many goals.

I've seen several threads and pages long topics were people reprimanded Laine for his abysmal assists production and playmaking, now when he make play and assists, its bad too. Funny.

I like secondary scrap assists as much as next guy (Having a stance they should get just removed as statistical haze), but if they are valid for Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, and McDavid, they are that for Patrik Laine too, so that road isn't worth to go further here now.

2nd assists are at least good for confirming a player had something to do with oncoming goal.

ADD: For this season Scheifele has meagre 3 secondary assists to Laine's primary points (2G+1A1) and in goals in which both Laine and Scheifele scored assists together, Patrik has more 1st assists than Mark, its not like its one-direction road either when the line have some serious synergy.

Summa summarum: In every cases a goal scorer is the guy who produces other guys' points, if suitable contacts to a puck precede the goal shot. Always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nate070

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Little was better last season than Laine, and people say Laine is a superstar, top 5 player in the world soooo

When you say things like this it just tells me never to listen to your analysis on anything.

You've made your bed, and I see you're doubling down. Going to be a long and painful season for you, since you dislike him so much. I told you before how this is going to go but you were too busy trading him because he sucks.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
So? That’s his point.
It's not his point.

Someone went "lulz Laine is a 50 point player soz fam"

And he said "dude, Laine's 21. Look what MacKinnon did when he was 21."

But Laine's 50 point season happened when Laine was 20, not 21. What that means is that this year is the year Laine would need to score 53 points to match MacKinnon's pace.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
So you still think Little is good? Sorry, this is derailing the thread!

Compared to the average 2nd line center Little is fine.
Like Laine he has suffered from poor usage.
He had a strong stretch of point per game production before the Hayes trade and a few game winning goals.

They moved him to the wing to play with Lowry and his production went in the tank.

The problem is everyone expects him to produce like an elite 1st line offensive center. Not many teams have 2 of those.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
It's not his point.

Someone went "lulz Laine is a 50 point player soz fam"

And he said "dude, Laine's 21. Look what MacKinnon did when he was 21."

But Laine's 50 point season happened when Laine was 20, not 21. What that means is that this year is the year Laine would need to score 53 points to match MacKinnon's pace.

Um. If you’re expecting any 21 year old who scores 53 points to turn into a 100+ point Mackinnon just because of that point total you should know Mackinnon’s development curve was an extreme outlier even for 1st overall picks.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Just curious; are you Finnish?

He's a Finn living in Canada. Used to post here under "psychodad" nick but he got banned about a year back. Probably changed his IP and is back with new nick. He also got kicked out from Finnish discussion site, Jatkoaika.com

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Um. If you’re expecting any 21 year old who scores 53 points to turn into a 100+ point Mackinnon just because of that point total you should know Mackinnon’s development curve was an extreme outlier even for 1st overall picks.
Someone said 21. I said 20. That's it. Pay attention before spouting off, please.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
He's a Finn living in Canada. Used to post here under "psychodad" nick but he got banned about a year back. Probably changed his IP and is back with new nick. He also got kicked out from Finnish discussion site, Jatkoaika.com
Usually happens when you are right and everyone else wrong.

Reactions: tgoat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->