Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
there is no comparison to when laine was pumping in goals and standing around.

in a number of recent games he has been winning board battles and coming up with pucks from behind the net.

those are areas that are improving.

for most of the season laine has been one of the first back on broken plays.

I did not say he was very good at it yet, but he is getting better.

the main complaint about him is being a one trick pony.

I am happy that he is improving on those parts of the game
Yeah I gotta say I have no idea what game's you are watching. He seems to just kind of lifelessly float around when I am watching.

Reactions: binop7

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah I gotta say I have no idea what game's you are watching. He seems to just kind of lifelessly float around when I am watching.

being how Winnipeg rarely gets coverage outside of Manitoba, I am not sure if you have seen any recent games.

I have seen most.

laine is much more involved in play now than he was in November.

he still floats more than wanted.

but it is false to claim he is not getting better

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
being how Winnipeg rarely gets coverage outside of Manitoba, I am not sure if you have seen any recent games.

I have seen most.

laine is much more involved in play now than he was in November.

he still floats more than wanted.

but it is false to claim he is not getting better
It's 2019 the internet does really cool things. I am not trying to say your wrong I guess....Just that I have not personally seen with my eyes anything that you are saying.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
the only thing in your post I can agree with is he didn't just lose his skills over night.

the jets organization has shown they can be patient in a player's development.

in an above post I stated that laine is improving in board work and using his body

for a player who has probably never been looked at to provide that...…

he is making improvements

with his size, he could turn into a bit of a scary player

kind of a power forward
Well he is streaky for sure this season that's not even questionable. The only other thing I said was it's got to be mental and that is a guess but a plausible one. His improving his board work as you stated and using his body is a great sign and of course he could become a scary player that's without a doubt. I hope he figures it out soon as he along with Jets are a fun team to watch.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Just now on NBC Jeremy Roenick ripped Patrick Laine and suggested the Jets should put him on the trade block. Says he’s going to probably going to request 10 million and sit out (ala Willy) if he doesn’t get it

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
when he is scoring 30-40 goals by just over 15 mins a game he is not terrible.... you want him to do more ? then give him ice time. he has yet to play a season where he gets 20min a night. so no, he did not even get first time min for a little while. even if he would try to round his game up... he needs ice time for it... his development is stagnating right now... therefore all the complaining should be send to the jets staff... bunch of monkeys from top to bottom.

you seem to be a caps fan, so i dont need to remind you that ovechkin and the young guns under coach boudreau were allowed to do whatever they wanted... mike green scroed 30 in that time. people complained about ovi too... he ignored all that complete player bs and maximized his goal scoring output instead.
Because Green was a one man breakout and Ovechkin was a one man army. If Laine could do what Ovechkin could do, he wouldn't "need" the right linemates to score, he'd be doing it 1-on-3.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Laine is the most overrated player in the nhl, he skates like an ahler and his compete level is horrid, jets would be better off selling high on the kid & using their money to resign trouba

Reactions: I am not exposed

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
I think if the Jets throw in a 5th round pick, the Sabres might be able to do Laine for Sobotka, who is on a 1 goal/game pace since Feb 18 and is tied for the team lead goals since Feb 16. With the trade deadline approaching, the Jets should act fast.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Laine is the most overrated player in the nhl, he skates like an ahler and his compete level is horrid, jets would be better off selling high on the kid & using their money to resign trouba
His skating is so so bad

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I actually feel bad for the kid if fortnite is affecting his on ice play. Video game addiction is a real addiction and it seems he plays alot. I know people will joke about it but I had a friend who lost his long term girlfriend to fortnite and almost lost his job.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
A meme.
Canucks player group banned fortnite etc on their road trips.
Laine trolled them

Laine: 'Not gonna happen, bitches!'

giphy.gif

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Fellas. We all know Patrik Laine is a generational player. I talked to my scandinavian friend Juha the other day. He told me that Laine has requested a trade. This means that Kevin Cheveldayoff is in deep shit right now. Laine is a well-liked fella in the locker room. Juha, who is a journalist by the way, told me that Patrik will only accept a trade to one of these teams: New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning. Laine doesn't have an NMC or NTC. But what happens, if Cheveldayoff treats the most liked fella in the locker room like a piece of turd? Yeah, everyone's going to hate him - including Jacob Trouba and Laurent Brossoit. The way I see it, Laine is as good as gone! Juha has his sources, I believe everything he tells me.

Reactions: Dark Ambient

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Fellas. We all know Patrik Laine is a generational player. I talked to my scandinavian friend Juha the other day. He told me that Laine has requested a trade. This means that Kevin Cheveldayoff is in deep **** right now. Laine is a well-liked fella in the locker room. Juha, who is a journalist by the way, told me that Patrik will only accept a trade to one of these teams: New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning. Laine doesn't have an NMC or NTC. But what happens, if Cheveldayoff treats the most liked fella in the locker room like a piece of turd? Yeah, everyone's going to hate him - including Jacob Trouba and Laurent Brossoit. The way I see it, Laine is as good as gone! Juha has his sources, I believe everything he tells me.
A struggling player on his ELC that doesn't allow for NMCs demanding a trade to a list of only 6 teams? Yeah that doesn't seem plausible

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Fellas. We all know Patrik Laine is a generational player. I talked to my scandinavian friend Juha the other day. He told me that Laine has requested a trade. This means that Kevin Cheveldayoff is in deep **** right now. Laine is a well-liked fella in the locker room. Juha, who is a journalist by the way, told me that Patrik will only accept a trade to one of these teams: New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning. Laine doesn't have an NMC or NTC. But what happens, if Cheveldayoff treats the most liked fella in the locker room like a piece of turd? Yeah, everyone's going to hate him - including Jacob Trouba and Laurent Brossoit. The way I see it, Laine is as good as gone! Juha has his sources, I believe everything he tells me.

Juha sounds Finnish. If so, he is not your Scandinavian friend. He's a Finnish friend. Let's be honest though, Juha could be right.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I know Juha too. He told me he was just messing with you.

Reactions: TheAngryHank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad