Laine goal-drought watch: 15 games (ends 02/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I Think he is missing Enström. Does he have any buddies on the team now? Winnipeg need to trade for some Finns or Swedes or trade Laine to Carolina Buffalo or Dallas. People are underrating personal chemistry whitin teams on theese boards.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I still believe that he’ll hit 40, but dang that’s disappointing, thought that he would at the very least hit like 47 when he hit that incredible month in November...

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I Think he is missing Enström. Does he have any buddies on the team now? Winnipeg need to trade for some Finns or Swedes or trade Laine to Carolina Buffalo or Dallas. People are underrating personal chemistry whitin teams on theese boards.
He has a lot of buddies I think, Scheif, Hellebuyk and Ehlers are examples!

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Where's the guy that made the DidGomezScore site? Obviously we need one for Laine now. Whoever makes that won't be the hero we deserve, just the hero we need right now. :sarcasm:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
imagine if matthews was in this drought lol. Every hater on here would be making topics and **** how matthews is a bust

This is the 2nd Laine thread about this topic.

I agree the Leafs get it worse, but Laine is rightfully being called out on the one thing he is good at.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Crapping on Laine would be sad to me except there are the Jets fans who consistently scream "HE's 20 aNd on PAcE foR 40!"

He's been in the league 3 years, hasn't improved in the things he's bad at, and has regressed horribly at the one thing he's good at. I like Laine, I want him to be good, but that age and pace argument are trash at this point.

I love these comments. Maybe instead of “regressed horribly”’, he’s just having an off year? You know players do that right?

Did Seguin regress horribly when he went from 69pts at 19 to a 55pt pace at 20 (and 1 goal in the 22 playoff games)

How about Gaudreau going from 78 to 61?

Hall went from a 90pt pace to a 55pt pace in his Edmonton days (85 to 38pts)

Larkin dropped down to 32pts his sophomore year

Crosby went from 120 on his second year to 103 his 4th year. He must of regressed horribly?

It took Mackinnon 4 seasons to get back to his rookie numbers.

Sometimes situations lead to players just having down years (remains to be seen if Laine can turn this season around still). Doesn’t mean he’s completely regressed as a player.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He has history of stuggling mentally and needing mental help. I wonder if those things are back. Feels like a total mental thing.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Do you guys think Matthews puts in more training and practice time than Laine?
Absolutely. Matthews has the kind of skill set were you need to put in the work in order to be effective. Laine on the other hand has the kind of skill were you can float around and still have an impact.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Absolutely. Matthews has the kind of skill set were you need to put in the work in order to be effective. Laine on the other hand has the kind of skill were you can float around and still have an impact.

Seemingly very untrue right now.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

That's clearly not true because he's having zero impact right now. I don't even notice him most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->