Laine gets third hat trick!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I can't imagine a greater display of insecurity than downplaying your actual best player in order to boost the value of your rookie for the sake of some online pissing contest. Scheifele is tied for 7th in league scoring. He is tied for 4th in points for centers. He is in 3rd place for center goalscoring behind only Crosby and Matthews.. on pace for about 37.

Yeah though, "not all that great" :help:

You guys need a reality check, bad.

The points have been there but there have been often concerns about his overall game throughout the season. The thought before all star break was he was playing with an injury.

There are few who could use a check badly.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Stealing the show in the first 10 games of the regular season is nice, too bad we probably won't get to see him do it in the playoffs. Sucks Maurice isn't taking advantage of this tire-fire year to give him a chance to learn to play away from Scheifele. The earlier you get the water-wings off the better!

Just glad we got our number 1 center who's really propelled us into playoff contention. Goes to show how important they are! Can't imagine what our team would look like without him... probably the same as Peg without Scheifele. Ugly thought!

Tuesday will be fun though. Last time was entertaining, but pretty bad hockey for both sides.
You came here to convince us that Leafs made a right pick? :laugh:

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Laine had 2 goals and 2 assists in the 3 games Scheifele was injured.
Scheifele had 4 goals and 5 assists in the 8 games Laine was injured.

Neither of them needs the other.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site

This is obvious to those who actually watch the Jets. And the people who do not watch the Jets, and have a certain agenda, will not accept this information because it does not fit the narrative they need to push.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I can't imagine a greater display of insecurity than downplaying your actual best player in order to boost the value of your rookie for the sake of some online pissing contest. Scheifele is tied for 7th in league scoring. He is tied for 4th in points for centers. He is in 3rd place for center goalscoring behind only Crosby and Matthews.. on pace for about 37.

Yeah though, "not all that great" :help:

You guys need a reality check, bad.

Scheifele continues to improve, but anybody who's actually watched the Jets play much will realize that Scheifele has benefited substantially from playing this season with two dynamic young wingers... Ehlers and Laine.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Overall he has been playing great but in far too many he has not been up to his own standard especially after the injury... doesnt mean he hasnet produced even then tho.

Laine was not playing so good either couple of games ago. Still went ppg.

You cant only stats watch when someone is talking about how they play.

WOW easy up ...don't be so fast at ignoring stats. Proof is in the pudding. Other than in last few games(3 assists in last game) Scheifele has been one of our best players on the year. STATS proven !! 7th in the league in points!!! So you to say "in far too many he has not been up to his own standard" is pure rubbish !! Answer me this !!!! How do you know what he has set his standards at?? You don't!! And Laine, who just came back from a concussion and , I'm sure you have heard , got a hat trick !! Or is this why we are talking about this because they just came off a couple of bad games ?? Don't try to under mine how Scheifele and Laine have played this year.

Last game Laine 3 goals and Scheifele 3 assists.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Scheifele continues to improve, but anybody who's actually watched the Jets play much will realize that Scheifele has benefited substantially from playing this season with two dynamic young wingers... Ehlers and Laine.

I've watched about 10 Jets games this year.. Scheifele is more often than not clearly the best offensive player on the ice for them. He doesn't have the flash of the young guns, but he is super effective and driving and controlling the play with a killer shot to boot. He has produced with a rotating cast of players all year long. He's produced at an even greater clip (over a ppg) when Laine was injured. I don't think the guy is relying too heavily on anyone right now.

His two way game could use some work. I catch him cheating on offence sometimes along with most of the Jets (blame coaching?)... Regardless, you guys don't seem to realize how lucky you are to have him.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
I don't know which one of Ehlers, Laine and Scheifele have been our best offensive player but Sheif hasn't been able to win us games by himself like Laine does regularly.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
WOW easy up ...don't be so fast at ignoring stats. Proof is in the pudding. Other than in last few games(3 assists in last game) Scheifele has been one of our best players on the year. STATS proven !! 7th in the league in points!!! So you to say "in far too many he has not been up to his own standard" is pure rubbish !! Answer me this !!!! How do you know what he has set his standards at?? You don't!! And Laine, who just came back from a concussion and , I'm sure you have heard , got a hat trick !! Or is this why we are talking about this because they just came off a couple of bad games ?? Don't try to under mine how Scheifele and Laine have played this year.

Last game Laine 3 goals and Scheifele 3 assists.

Haha woah relax there. I said he has been great. But you know if you have watched the jets this season how inconsistent the players have been. Do i need to remind you about new years game as one example? They have had alot of extremely good games with multipoints that mask the bad ones.

Or are you trying to tell me he has looked great every single game? Noone in that team has to me. His standard is playing great he is a heck of a player but still young still inconsistent.

As i said you cannot go only by stats.
Sometimes you can play really well and not get any points some you play bad but still manage to score or get assist. Hope you understand me now.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've watched about 10 Jets games this year.. Scheifele is more often than not clearly the best offensive player on the ice for them. He doesn't have the flash of the young guns, but he is super effective and driving and controlling the play with a killer shot to boot. He has produced with a rotating cast of players all year long. He's produced at an even greater clip (over a ppg) when Laine was injured. I don't think the guy is relying too heavily on anyone right now.

His two way game could use some work. I catch him cheating on offence sometimes along with most of the Jets (blame coaching?)... Regardless, you guys don't seem to realize how lucky you are to have him.

10 games, what a sample size.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Haha woah relax there. I said he has been great. But you know if you have watched the jets this season how inconsistent the players have been. Do i need to remind you about new years game as one example? They have had alot of extremely good games with multipoints that mask the bad ones.

Or are you trying to tell me he has looked great every single game? Noone in that team has to me. His standard is playing great he is a heck of a player but still young still inconsistent.

As i said you cannot go only by stats.
Sometimes you can play really well and not get any points some you play bad but still manage to score or get assist. Hope you understand me now.

MM not sure how and where to start ??? You seemed very confused? "Not sure why!! "are you trying to tell me he has looked great every single game?" If you read what I had said , you would have seen where I posted " are we talking about this because they just came off a couple of bad games" ?? Confused?? If you would watch the Jets you would understand and see that Scheifele has been one of the best Jets this year. For that matter , he has been one of the best in the league. And like you said..."had alot of extremely good games with multipoints that mask the bad ones" Like everyone in the league, they have bad games!!! Just Scheifele has had many more good games than bad ones. His stats show that!! And like you said ..."Sometimes you can play really well and not get any points" just like Scheifele can too, who overall has had a great year. So I hope you can understand!!

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
MM not sure how and where to start ??? You seemed very confused? "Not sure why!! "are you trying to tell me he has looked great every single game?" If you read what I had said , you would have seen where I posted " are we talking about this because they just came off a couple of bad games" ?? Confused?? If you would watch the Jets you would understand and see that Scheifele has been one of the best Jets this year. For that matter , he has been one of the best in the league. And like you said..."had alot of extremely good games with multipoints that mask the bad ones" Like everyone in the league, they have bad games!!! Just Scheifele has had many more good games than bad ones. His stats show that!! And like you said ..."Sometimes you can play really well and not get any points" just like Scheifele can too, who overall has had a great year. So I hope you can understand!!

Haha i dont understand we seem to say the same thing and i totally agree that he has been the best player in the jets :) i meant no harm my friend.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

This exactly. They both are great so they play great with any reasonably respectable players. Of course some issues with chemistry can make some obstacles for even superstar players to play well with each others in the same line. But definitely Laine and Scheifele do have some chemistry with each others. But so do also Laine and Little. It just proves that Laine is an easy player to play with. They don't need each others to play well. But they sure can be a heck of a duo at their best when they play in the same line.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

This exactly too. It can be easily seen from his PPG production compared to last year. Scheifele has benefitted at least as much from playing a lot with Laine and Ehlers as they have benefitted from playing with Scheifele.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Jets fans are well aware of how good and valuable Scheifele is. We don't need opponents' fans to tell us. But we are also aware that Ehlers and Laine are special offensive talents. Both perspectives are true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad