Post-Game Talk: Laine Gets 40 Not Enough - Flyers 2 Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets scoring power will come alive against their next 2 games.

This is the one game in the road trip Nets can afford to lose.
They will not win it all.

Onto the next one.

Need some reinforcemsnt back though.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
They have been getting the minutes of a 2nd line every night they've been together. And sometimes the most ES minutes of any line on the team. Anyone who thinks they are a 3rd line is out to lunch.

Are you kidding me? Maurice played the Ehlers - Stastny - Laine line like a third line. If they would come onto ice and there was a whistle after, they could be gone in 10 to 20 seconds. Meanwhile the first line of Perrault - Little - Wheelers (who btw were awful) would get back to back shifts. Of course when rotating 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 that means only one line is getting proper minutes no matter how badly they played. At the same time the ESL was playing fine and creating scoring chances. They should have played equal or more minutes than than PLW but for whatever reason that wasn't the case.

The coaches just handed the points over by not getting the most of the only line capable of getting something done.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Jets looked like a tired, sick team...

On to the next game...

Let's hope they rebound...

Fried Bacon in Philly... time to leave...

tumblr_ltn9wvEUy11qzx3jto1_400.gif

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
Perreault, Connor and Roslovic and Little with very little offensive spark right now. They just aren't making plays at all.
Is it just me or is roslovic having a tough time shooting the puck on net right now. I don’t know if it is nerves but many seem to get blocked or he takes to long to shoot because he is trying to curl then shoot.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Are you kidding me? Maurice played the Ehlers - Stastny - Laine line like a third line. If they would come onto ice and there was a whistle after, they could be gone in 10 to 20 seconds. Meanwhile the first line of Perrault - Little - Wheelers (who btw were awful) would get back to back shifts. Of course when rotating 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 that means only one line is getting proper minutes no matter how badly they played. At the same time the ESL was playing fine and creating scoring chances. They should have played equal or more minutes than than PLW but for whatever reason that wasn't the case.

The coaches just handed the points over by not getting the most of the only line capable of getting something done.
If PLW were the first line and ESL were NOT the second line, which of the last two lines were the 2nd line? Try to answer without backtracking.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I'm not too worried about that game. Our PP was unusually hilarious, but still we scored one on the third one.

The puck really was not flying our way.

Laine on 2nd PP as well should be the game plan in the playoffs at the latest. Seriously. I would even experiment with Ehlers, Wheeler, and Laine on the same PP, but overall can't complain about the results.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Really hope Little doesn't miss time after that bs slash.. Jets would look pretty horrible down the middle if that happens.

Typical Jets afternoon game this season, except with exceptionally poor passing and decision-making. Third period looked better though. Flyers played a good game though, but I'd hate to have to play that cheap-shotting bunch more times per season.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Is it just me or is roslovic having a tough time shooting the puck on net right now. I don’t know if it is nerves but many seem to get blocked or he takes to long to shoot because he is trying to curl then shoot.

Ehlers went through the same thing in his first year...

Rosie' will come around...

Reactions: Kgame

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Decent game. Vets could show up, haven’t seen lot from them at this road trip.

6-5 at the end was awful. Laine was wide open and Buffy and Wheels tried to Do something? Wheels trying to force passes to Stastny on wrong side of the post was useless

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

Hes definitely struggling with his shot

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Originally I thought I’d be ok with going .500 on this tough road trip. With all these injuries it might just be the case

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets had terrible zone entry the whole game and could barely set up on the power play.

The Flyers were hungry and played like they were desperate doing what it takes to win in a close game.

Reactions: kellhunter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad