Laine already benched?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
"he's better than a 90 point Blake Wheeler he just needs more ice time" :laugh:

Where’s this coming from?

I doubt you see Columbus playing superior hockey if you switch Laine to Wheeler.

That entire team has looked like .... this year.
There’s no flow, nothing going

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
If I had to explain Laine as a hockey player, I would probably post something like this:
124448.gif

He might be a very skilled sloth. He might have a great shot. But he still has the intensity and the effort level of a sloth. You won't win many cups if Laine is one of your highest paid players. He's also in the company of Kessel and Hall. A specialized player you cannot have on your roster unless you already have a winning core that just needs an extra skill edge - and can afford it. A complementary player used as a mercenary.

That Laine ended up playing for Torts is just hysterical. This is Torts:
iu

My guess is the terrier will fail in waking up the sloth. It's just in their nature.

and your post have the intelligence of a

story-31305-31305-xlarge.jpg

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It was a 15% PP when Panarin was there. It has been a bad powerplay since 2016.

Right now 29% in the 10 games with Laine.

If there's a shitshow it's Laine's 5v5 defensive numbers.
This is kinda the story of Laine career so far. Unbelievable on the PP, great finisher even at even strength, but a drag to possession numbers and defense. I’m interested to see if it will change.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What's the context? Coaches talk to their players all the time..

The powerplay just ended. The CBJ were absolutely dreadful on it, and he didn't get to touch the puck. As he left the ice the was yelling (to himself) and smacked he boards with his stick.

Torts gave him some space and then went over to him and did that. Probably telling him he liked his fire or something but to stay in the game. This was a good moment. And likely Torts' last one with the team.

Reactions: heretik27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->