Laine already benched?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I like his response to this.

Now let’s see his game reaction, hoping for a good one

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He was finished in the eyes of a million fans already when he went against Matthews in the rookie year. It was inevitable that the bitter nuthuggers would follow his every move for his entire career just waiting for an opportunity to say I told you so or that Laine sucks. Now, add to those guys bitter Jets fans, who desperately want to make it look like they are better off.

Those "Bitter Jet" fans left not much of fans of the team but fans of the player

Most of us wish Laine all the best. We just want our team to improve going forward we think we have done that.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
He was finished in the eyes of a million fans already when he went against Matthews in the rookie year. It was inevitable that the bitter nuthuggers would follow his every move for his entire career just waiting for an opportunity to say I told you so or that Laine sucks. Now, add to those guys bitter Jets fans, who desperately want to make it look like they are better off.

Probably had something to do with his fanboys being obnoxious for the year leading up to his draft, and following it.

Reactions: nofehr

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Some interesting Laine quotes in this article.

Laine admitted he could be a coach’s nightmare because of his stubbornness and his me-first attitude.

“There’s been some times when I was younger where maybe the coach wants me to play like this, but I didn’t feel like I kind of needed to, or I just wanted to play the way I wanted to play,”

"There was a season where I played like five games, because I wasn’t ready to play the games that he wanted me to play, but I think that’s only a good thing because there’s millions of guys that can be that player that the coach wants them to be."

“But I didn’t want to be that kind of player. I wanted to be my kind of player and develop that way.”

TRAIK-EOTOMY: Laine's problems with coaches nothing new | Winnipeg Sun

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
The amount of Laine hate on these boards are absolutely ridiculous.

Matthews shows his ass to a security guard. “No problem, make him captain.” Laine tells an assistant to f*** off and the slaughter begins. “Go back to Europe”, “that’s unacceptable” and so on. If you want hypocrisy, hfboards is the place to go.

He f***ed up for sure this time, but he can’t put his skates on without someone here complaining.

I remember people losing their minds over how Ristolainen and Yakupov celebrated their goals. It's not the good Canadian way!

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Seems like an odd connection to make. Yes, Matthews did some boneheaded things off the ice and paid a price for it. However, has he been anything but a team player at the NHL level? Is there conflict between he and coaches/teammates? Which players has he thrown under the bus? Which coaches has he told to **** off? Laine comes across as arrogant, entitled, and immature. Blame culture or whatever but it's a terrible look.

Lol I think Mathews is the most immature and arrogant if he shows his ass to people. I mean he dropped his pants, bent over and grapped his butt to the innocent security guard, who does that?

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

The majority of Jets fans wish the best for Laine and Roslovic.
Don't let the noise on social media & hockey websites fool you into thinking that.
I'll always cheer for the guy.
He brought a lot of excitement and joy to the team.
I wish things had worked out for him to stay.

I'm Jets first all the way but a 2nd overall pick who was a highlight reel of exciting goals will always have my support.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
From 2:10 to 3:10...

Transcript of what Torts said:
I will say one last thing - I told him that, y'know, I wouldn't talk about this - but I need to say one last thing on it, which I think is totally unfair to Patty. [It] is some of the situation with people who are writing "He didn't work hard enough", and the "intensity" or "bad mistakes". As I told you guys after the game, it had nothing to do with him being on the ice.
[...]
That's what bothers me the most about it; we moved by it right away. I don't think Patty should be put in that shade of light, that he was "lazy" or "didn't work hard enough", 'cause that's not what this kid's about. We know he's a great competitor, and he's a really good player; he's going to be a big part of our team here. That's the thing that bothers me the most about the aftermath of this - everybody tends to make things up when they really don't know what the hell's going on. So that's all I'll say about it.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
10 pts in 10 games with CBJ. Plays a ton of minutes, taking piss poor CBJ PP by the ears out of the hole it was stuck in since Panarin left. Doesn't seem like the shitshow most of the posters here was chomping at the bit to watch.

HF board as lost a lot objectivity .... Laine was type cast to fornite from the beginning like Mark Hamill To Luke Skywalker ... Laine is a super star a hell of a trade by Kekalainen

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
10 pts in 10 games with CBJ. Plays a ton of minutes, taking piss poor CBJ PP by the ears out of the hole it was stuck in since Panarin left. Doesn't seem like the shitshow most of the posters here was chomping at the bit to watch.

Yet there's still a 30 page thread on the drama that's unfolded in those mere 10 games...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

It was a 15% PP when Panarin was there. It has been a bad powerplay since 2016.

Right now 29% in the 10 games with Laine.

If there's a shitshow it's Laine's 5v5 defensive numbers.

Reactions: hn777

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Lol I think Mathews is the most immature and arrogant if he shows his ass to people. I mean he dropped his pants, bent over and grapped his butt to the innocent security guard, who does that?
Almost every North American guy who has went to college or university.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
HF board as lost a lot objectivity .... Laine was type cast to fornite from the beginning like Mark Hamill To Luke Skywalker ... Laine is a super star a hell of a trade by Kekalainen

10 points in 12 games, such superstar numbers. Really carrying Columbus right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

my opinion of him was raised when he stuck up for a teammate

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
The majority of Jets fans wish the best for Laine and Roslovic.
Don't let the noise on social media & hockey websites fool you into thinking that.
I'll always cheer for the guy.
He brought a lot of excitement and joy to the team.
I wish things had worked out for him to stay.

I'm Jets first all the way but a 2nd overall pick who was a highlight reel of exciting goals will always have my support.

Absolutely. I am sad he's gone and a bit miffed as to how things soured but I wish Laine nothing but the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad