Confirmed with Link: Lagesson extended two years [$725k AAV]

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
D-men take longer, he's only 24 and used to the European style. I think he can be a full time NHLer in the future.

He actually played college hockey and then 1 season in the SEL before playing for the Condors. He has plenty of NA experience.

I like Lagesson, he's smart and competes hard, but his foot speed needs to improve for him to be more than a depth guy. He certainly seems to be an overachiever so I won't count him out myself. Given his limitations I do have to question the idea of him having a long career here with all the depth at LD.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I think our D of the future will be

Broberg Bouchard
Jones Bear
Samorukov Barrie I think Edmonton extends him
Lagesson
3 yrs down the road this could be possible but 3 yrs down the road we could also not have 5 of the 7 names mentioned in the organization.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think our D of the future will be

Broberg Bouchard
Jones Bear
Samorukov Barrie I think Edmonton extends him
Lagesson

Broberg/Bear - I like Bear's 2-way ability to compliment Broberg. Bear is a smart player. He had some tough minutes last season, and did exceptionally well as a rookie. The more experience he gets, the better he'll be in his own end + more comfortable he'll be making plays offensively.
Samorukov/Bouchard - This just makes... so much sense to me. For me, Samorukov's ceiling is as the #3 guy. He's a rock defensively, has a pretty complete skillset, and has quite a lot of experience playing with an offensive defenseman (& defensive liability) in Merkley. Bouchard may not be a liability defensively at this point in his development, but he's not the guy I throw on the top pairing getting those tough minutes.
Jones/Vet RD - Jones could just as easily be a 2LD in my head in 3 years time, but should Samorukov continue to impress, Dmitri makes a better partner for Bouchard imo.
Lagesson - Unclear what his ceiling is. He was effective at even strength for the Condors (didn't get PP time as far as I know), and is playing well in Sweden.

It's unlikely all these young D stick with the org and all hit their ceilings lol, but one can dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad