Confirmed with Link: Lagesson extended two years [$725k AAV]

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Good signing. Rather have him over other Dmen out there. Now can we please trade Chiasson and resign Bear

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Good signing. Rather have him over other Dmen out there. Now can we please trade Chiasson and resign Bear

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Holland is going to have to attach a half decent to decent prospect to convince a team to take Chiasson and his cap hit with no money coming back in return.

Nice contract for Lagesson though. Could be another hidden emerald in the rough.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Holland is going to have to attach a half decent to decent prospect to convince a team to take Chiasson and his cap hit with no money coming back in return.

Nice contract for Lagesson though. Could be another hidden emerald in the rough.
How come? That isn’t necessary at all unless you’re adding a significant piece to the team still. If the cost of moving him is high, just keep him for his final year.

Reactions: nally

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I believe $10K less than his QO. I guess he wanted that extra year insurance. Nice

Probably mutual interest from the team side. With flat cap for the next 4ish seasons, 2 or 3yr, low cost contracts is almost the equivalent of depositing gold bars in the bank

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Smart GM. Give the fringe guy a 2 yr deal so no one thinks about picking him up via waivers.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He's been putting up some solid numbers (3-6-9, 10 GP) in Allsvenskan for a supposed "defensive" defenseman.

I think he's someone who could surprise this year.

I see this guy as being a long time Dman on this team, much under the radar compared to many others but I think he will be here for a while.

He was excellent on the Condors last season. Underrated. Looked a tad slow and tentative in the NHL but hopefully that improves.

Honestly , he has top 4 potential. I see him as another klefbom

deserves a roster spot

Seen him good. Some people think he will be good at the nhl based off his SEL/AHL time. Has not been given enough opportunity at the nhl level yet and when he does adjust should be gold... like his flowing locks... Lol.

Sneaky good puck moving/offense. Highly underrated part of his game but obviously not his calling card. Imo all around good defenseman that hopefully becomes a staple in our line up for a long time. A guy who will be unlikely to price himself out of a 6/7/8 role due to being under the radar for so long.

Not sure I can say he will likely ever be a top 3 defenseman but by the same token you never know and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a solid nhl career.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
yup, keep him and trade Broberg and Nurse.

Klefbom
Lagesson
Jones

<not>

top 4 potential at AHL level sure. Hold the horses otherwise.

I think our D of the future will be

Broberg Bouchard
Jones Bear
Samorukov Barrie I think Edmonton extends him
Lagesson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad