Recalled/Assigned: Lagace expected to be recalled

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Niemi, hell no. I think a trade for a team's #3 in theory might work. There are quite a few of these guys who are just too old to be still looked at as developmental prospects but who are blocked from ever getting to the promised land of a #1 NHL job. Many teams have 3-4 goalies in their system who are over 23 who all could reasonably start a game, but aren't at a level where they would be depended upon for playoff games or long stretches in the NHL. They have almost no value in trades, most teams would be glad to open up a spot for more playing time in the AHL and can bury one of the guys in the #2 NHL role as well. I see this kind of move as making a lot of sense right now because whoever they get can easily make a handful of starts now, hold the #2 when MAF returns and then let the team take their time with Subban. Once he's back, I'd start him in the AHL as long as allowed with the thought that if he did get back to the NHL he's not really going to get the time he needs unless MAF is hurt again

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Literally the only reason I'd suggest picking anyone up at all is if you're nervous about the shelling they're about to get. That can put someone sideways, I know it.

I'm a pretty confident guy and if I'd been thinking I had some deficiencies and then gave up X goals confirming what I thought, that might mess me up.

Literally the only reason to pick someone up is to have them be the sacrificial lamb to save our guys from themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad