Recalled/Assigned: Lagace expected to be recalled

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Binnington has been on loan to the Providence Bruins so he'll probably go back to Chicago. Their next game isn't until Wednesday morning.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Binnington has been on loan to the Providence Bruins so he'll probably go back to Chicago. Their next game isn't until Wednesday morning.
really not sure how the ahl loan rule work for that. they didnt take him back when fleury got injured so idk

DeathOfAHockeyTown

Oct 23, 2017
Still need backup.

Chicago already have C.J. Motte called up from the ECHL affiliate in Quad City (since 19th OCT).
Theahl.com has a good section for transactions where you can search by team.
Motte has some AHL experience from the past few seasons so could in theory start the game as well.
If you want to go further down the line, Quad City seems to have replaced Motte with Alex Sakellaropoulos who played for the Union College (ECAC) last season.

Reactions: Puckrobber

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
really not sure how the ahl loan rule work for that. they didnt take him back when fleury got injured so idk

It's up to St Louis but I don't see why they wouldn't recall him from loan.

As far as emergency goalies if it comes down to it they can call up Ferguson and recruit someone else if I'm not mistaken.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
It's up to St Louis but I don't see why they wouldn't recall him from loan.

As far as emergency goalies if it comes down to it they can call up Ferguson and recruit someone else if I'm not mistaken.
anyway providence already have 2 ahl level goalie I don't even know why he was sent there in the first place

DeathOfAHockeyTown

Oct 23, 2017

Dylan Ferguson? I believe he can't play in the AHL as he will not be 20 by the 31st of December 2017 or hasn't played 4 seasons in the CHL. He could only play in the AHL after his junior season is over.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Once upon a time, the Sharks called up CHL-playing goalie to back up in NHL as their affiliate was on the other side of the continent and on a road trip. Was with the team for 3-4 days IIRC, on an emergency basis.

Looked up my notes. JP Anderson recalled from OHL 1/21/2011-1/24

DeathOfAHockeyTown

Oct 23, 2017
Once upon a time, the Sharks called up CHL-playing goalie to back up in NHL as their affiliate was on the other side of the continent and on a road trip. Was with the team for 3-4 days IIRC, on an emergency basis.

Looked up my notes. JP Anderson recalled from OHL 1/21/2011-1/24

OK sorry :) I was thinking we were talking about the Wolves here. Ferguson could not play in the AHL

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
OK sorry :) I was thinking we were talking about the Wolves here. Ferguson could not play in the AHL
True. Not to say they won't be scouring AHL goalies (not on NHL deals) and "free agent" goalies in ECHL as possibilities .

And Niemi was put on waivers by Pittsburgh. (FTR, I would not recommend VGK pick him up, either on waivers nor trade after clearing waivers.)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'd consider pulling him off of waivers if this was a team trying to win in the situation we're currently in.

He's played like trash since leaving San Jose, I get that. This year has been pretty tough for him as well. However, this is a team of scraps that's played together as a team so far this season, and he's a scrap. A scrap with a Stanley Cup ring on his finger. He gets paid nothing, and it's pretty much free. Throw him in net for a game or two and get rid of him if it doesn't work.

However, we've got a couple young guys that could use a shot too. I just don't want Dansk getting lit up by Chicago and having a confidence issue due to it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
even if niemi suck he isnt worst than the 2 other :\ they barely can handled ahl level

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Nemo wasn't retained by Sharks after a horrendous last season+ in San Jose (before he signed with Dallas).

I think his success in Chicago related to the quality of D in front of him moreso than his play.

(He's a great guy, just not a great player. :D)

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
curious leaf fan here

Was wondering who you think your team will be trading for goalie wise. Fleury has had concussion issues before so who knows how long he is out and Subban now a week. I am sure Mcphee is grimacing now since he traded us Pickard. What do you think the value of us trading you guys Curtis would be?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think they're fine on the goalie front for now. Fleury is a few days/week off, they think Subban is a player, and apparently Prior likes Dansk and Lagace. I'd be very surprised if they make any moves for a goaltender. Prior apparently holds a lot of water around here, and if he's got his guy in Subban, I don't think they're doing anything to change the dynamic that exists, even if the two top guys are on the shelf.

Until otherwise stated or shown, the business side of the expansion has not changed from day 1. The fact that they've got a good record right now and have stolen games through pretty scrappy play doesn't matter much, as far as I can tell.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
curious leaf fan here

Was wondering who you think your team will be trading for goalie wise. Fleury has had concussion issues before so who knows how long he is out and Subban now a week. I am sure Mcphee is grimacing now since he traded us Pickard. What do you think the value of us trading you guys Curtis would be?

Future considerations. Maybe a conditional 7th. Dansk is still just 23, he may be a bust, but now is a good time for him to prove that he can be an NHL caliber goalie.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Future considerations. Maybe a conditional 7th. Dansk is still just 23, he may be a bust, but now is a good time for him to prove that he can be an NHL caliber goalie.

Not even future considerations. There's very little reason to do a trade for a goalie - and IF they did, it would be for a goalie on an expiring contact (Zatkoff, Hamburglar), while McBackup has two years left on his deal.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I'd consider pulling him off of waivers if this was a team trying to win in the situation we're currently in.

He gets paid nothing, and it's pretty much free.

Hell no. They were too cheap to keep Pickard in the AHL for a while. They said Subban isn't ready but couldn't trade Pickard fast enough. If they claim Niemi it would show they have no clue.

Dansk needs to play now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad