News Article: Lafreniere, expected No. 1 pick in 2020 NHL Draft, to skip QMJHL season

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Adam Fox (23) days until Lafreniere.

cut.jpg

Can't wait!!! Already cancelled all calls and plans for that night. Only thing better would have been if it was at the Bell centre with fans. Would have tried to make the drive up or at least go to another Garden party.
Would have been Priceless to see Montreal fans faces when we draft the guy they've wanted for almost a year now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Can't wait!!! Already cancelled all calls and plans for that night. Only thing better would have been if it was at the Bell centre with fans. Would have tried to make the drive up or at least go to another Garden party.
Would have been Priceless to see Montreal fans faces when we draft the guy they've wanted for almost a year now.

habs Twitter has been insufferable

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

I actually decided to take the entire week off!

Reactions: NYSPORTS and bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm doing a Rangers Chel season and Lafreniere has 43 goals as a rookie. So that's nice.

It's towards the end of the season and I just looked at the numbers and I was like "holy shit, when did Kakko get 51 points?!"

Because of Laf, I kind of forgot all about Kakko and he's been great.

While the numbers are far-fetched, I don't think the concept is. I think this is going to take pressure off of Kakko.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I'm doing a Rangers Chel season and Lafreniere has 43 goals as a rookie. So that's nice.

It's towards the end of the season and I just looked at the numbers and I was like "holy shit, when did Kakko get 51 points?!"

Because of Laf, I kind of forgot all about Kakko and he's been great.

While the numbers are far-fetched, I don't think the concept is. I think this is going to take pressure off of Kakko.
This will be huge. I think Laf's personality is more suited to accept the fan's mantle of being a "savior" than Kakko. The latter is going to have a giant weight off their shoulders and be able to build off their great player during the bubble.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This will be huge. I think Laf's personality is more suited to accept the fan's mantle of being a "savior" than Kakko. The latter is going to have a giant weight off their shoulders and be able to build off their great player during the bubble.
I'm not at all suggesting they will reach this level talent-wise but the personalities remind me of Mess and Leetch.

Like Mess, Laf is an absolute fireball and like Leetch, Kakko is just kind of "aw shucks."

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'm not at all suggesting they will reach this level talent-wise but the personalities remind me of Mess and Leetch.

Like Mess, Laf is an absolute fireball and like Leetch, Kakko is just kind of "aw shucks."
I agree, though I don't know how much of that is Kakko being young, in a new place, and speaking a foreign language. Does anyone have a read on him from his interviews in Finnish after being the big star in the WJC last year?

Reactions: Machinehead

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So did I, and I have the first 3 days of the week in the mountains... but that was before they moved the date... so now I have to figure out to get WiFi in Cherokee, NC so I can watch.

I had taken the first 2 days of that week off before we knew when the draft was going to be.

I just decided to take the entire week as well.

Nice! I was going to take Wednesday off so I could hang out with another Ranger fan to watch the draft Tuesday night and celebrate a bit...but then I realized I have 5 weeks of PTO sitting there unused and was like why not take the week? I then put in more time off requests for Thanksgiving week, Christmas week and New Year's week. Only 108 days left in the year.

AntNYR

Apr 30, 2019
I agree, though I don't know how much of that is Kakko being young, in a new place, and speaking a foreign language. Does anyone have a read on him from his interviews in Finnish after being the big star in the WJC last year?
Kakko seems a bit more open and relaxed in the Finnish interviews I've seen. Other than that he seems like the friendly, somewhat reserved professional that you all have seen in the English interviews. I don't think it's a language issue, could be cultural though. Kakko essentially interviews similar to 95% of all Finnish athletes. Lafreniere definitely seems to have a bit more rage in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->