News Article: Lafreniere, expected No. 1 pick in 2020 NHL Draft, to skip QMJHL season

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I guess technically he isn't a Ranger until he signs his entry level contract. I think he has a year to do so? So maybe 38 days until he becomes Ranger property.

Well, since he's drafted out of the QMJHL we will have his rights until June 30th 2022. But he will probably be signed within 2 weeks after the draft

Reactions: broadwayblue

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well, since he's drafted out of the QMJHL we will have his rights until June 30th 2022. But he will probably be signed within 2 weeks after the draft

I'd imagine that they would fly him down and take him through the facilities, meet the staff, etc almost immediately.

Im sure that there will be a solid group of guys in the area working out/skating by the time the draft rolls around. It'd probably benefit him to join that group ASAP.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I'd imagine that they would fly him down and take him through the facilities, meet the staff, etc almost immediately.

Im sure that there will be a solid group of guys in the area working out/skating by the time the draft rolls around. It'd probably benefit him to join that group ASAP.
If not even before the draft, Carolina brought Svechnikov in for a tour of their facilities and what not like a week before the draft

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Carolina actually produced a 4-episode series to show what goes on behind the scenes. It was so much fun to watch. I wish more teams would produce content like that.
I don't think I watched that one, but I do remember the Canucks doing something like that for the 2017 draft and the Bruins doing one for the offseason that they traded Seguin. But definitely agreed, more teams should do it

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Friedman is the confirmation of the date of the draft. It's a virtual draft, so I don't think it is that big of a deal.

The 2nd day of the draft happening on a Wednesday afternoon is going to be interesting though.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Adam Fox (23) days until Lafreniere.

cut.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad