News Article: Lafreniere, expected No. 1 pick in 2020 NHL Draft, to skip QMJHL season

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He can always go back if he doesn't. And unless they changed the rule due to Covid, once he plays in the Q, he isn't eligible to play in the NHL until his season is done, except in an emergency, but that only ever happens with goalies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It could also be a decision based on safety. The OHL and WHL are starting Dec 1st. The NHL is starting Dec 1st. The Q is starting Oct 1st. Supposedly.

Reactions: egelband

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
to me this is a no brainer for him. the Q season will start like 10/1 and the draft is 10/9. all that could happen is he gets hurt before the draft. smart to get drafted and then talk to the rangers about what he should do...hopefully by then we have dates set for next season training camp and then working with the rangers they can determine if its better for the kid go play somewhere for a few months or just get ready for camp

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
to me this is a no brainer for him. the Q season will start like 10/1 and the draft is 10/9. all that could happen is he gets hurt before the draft. smart to get drafted and then talk to the rangers about what he should do...hopefully by then we have dates set for next season training camp and then working with the rangers they can determine if its better for the kid go play somewhere for a few months or just get ready for camp

I'd get his ass down to CT or where ever and have him start training with the guys the second after he gets drafted.

Reactions: McSauer and Leetch3

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think Mark Messier should call him and tell him if he wants to win a Stanley Cup In NY he needs to learn to play center and dominate from the middle like Mess did when he was a kid.

Too good too much vision and strength to play the wing because you don’t like to defend. Puck should be on his stick as much as possible. Maybe his skating used to hold him back or his consistency. Those aren’t weaknesses anymore. Make the switch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad