Lafreniére vs Byfield : better pro debut season?

Lafreniére vs Byfield : better pro debut season?

• Total voters

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Alexis Lafreniére (DOB : October 11th 2001)
Quinton Byfield (DOB : August 19th 2002)

their stats :

Lafreniére (NYR-NHL)
37 games
5 goals
6 assists
11 points
0.29 ppg
6 pim

Byfield (ONT-AHL)
23 games
6 goals
11 assists
17 points
0.75 ppg
18 pim

Other than stats, which of these two has played better hockey?;
passing, shooting, skating, defending, checking, physical play,
creating plays, all what not.

Count in all above, who have had better pro debut season?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Um... how many AHL games does an average NHL fan watch each season? I personally don't have anything but stats about Byfield.

I voted Lafreniere for the simple fact he cracked an NHL roster.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Laf's done nothing to impress really. He's a 1OA and didn't need to fight for a spot. No matter how bad he plays he will always suit up for the Rags.

I voted Byfield simply because he's actually doing something a bit impressive and is a whole year younger.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
How could anyone vote for Byfield here? He has been underwhelming on a stacked team in the AHL, like come on I know Lafreniere has had a weak year but this shouldn't even be close

Crow

May 19, 2014
I have not seen byfield play a game this year. Which line is he on? Who does he play with? Is he playing center?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
How could anyone vote for Byfield here? He has been underwhelming on a stacked team in the AHL, like come on I know Lafreniere has had a weak year but this shouldn't even be close
May as well just say “I don’t know what i’m talking about” with that sentence.
Ontario has been terrible this year. And Byfield has NOT been underwhelming whatsoever.

I still take Lafreniere but jeez buddy, at least do a little research before talking out your ass.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The f***? One is playing in the NHL and one is playing in the AHL, you compare their stats anyway, and then say disregard the stats lol

Also you think people outside of LA are watching Byfield’s AHL games?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
May as well just say “I don’t know what i’m talking about” with that sentence.
Ontario has been terrible this year. And Byfield has NOT been underwhelming whatsoever.

I still take Lafreniere but jeez buddy, at least do a little research before talking out your ass.
Ontario has some talented players, I know they're not a good team but the young talent is there

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Byfield was supposed to be a raw player coming out the draft and was expected to be back in the CHL for another year, so what he's doing in the AHL is more impressive than what Laf has done in the NHL only because Laf was supposed to be ready to contribute around 40 points over a full 82 game season and he's currently on pace for 24 points over a full 82 game season

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ontario has some talented players, I know they're not a good team but the young talent is there

They're literally in last place.

But then, he's leading them in scoring, so if you think they're loaded, that should mean you're impressed by him, right?

Youngest NA-born AHL skater in history currently holding the 5th-best 18 YO scoring pace in AHL history and trending up, been over PPG for the last stretch of 10 or so games. Not bad for a guy who is somehow an underwhelming disappointment.

Haven't seen enough Rangers games lately to comment on Laf's trajectory but I can say the amount of posters speaking out of their ass on Byfield seems to grow every single day. Would be kind of impressive if it weren't so sad, so many people expecting, borderline rooting for, this kid to fail.

Reactions: Jericho111091

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Youngest NA-born AHL skater in history currently holding the 5th-best 18 YO scoring pace in AHL history and trending up, been over PPG for the last stretch of 10 or so games. Not bad for a guy who is somehow an underwhelming disappointment.

Identical with Jesse Puljujärvi.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Identical with Jesse Puljujärvi.

Sure, except Poolparty was 7th on that team in scoring, 9th by PPG, insulated by better vets, and playing wing.

Byfield is 1st, the Reign vets are a clown show, and Quinton is playing two-way C.

Regardless, calling QB "underwhelming" is not an accurate current take, his growth has been phenomenal.

Reactions: Jericho111091

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad