Lady Byng finalists: Matthews, Slavin, Spurgeon

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'll never forget the image of a playoff battle where guys are roughing it up and Matthew's just laughs doing nothing. Thats who you want as a leader of your team? Yikes.

Slavin wins this all day

What where Chiarot's ragdolling him from behind trying to goad a penalty trade? Yeah I got zero problem with that.

Noted gentleman, Auston Matthews?

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
....that plays for Carolina and not Toronto.

Matthews will win, because .... reasons
Right, go ahead and name the last trophy a Maple Leaf was voted for and won even though he didnt deserve it.

Must be why Rielly won the Norris a couple years ago.... or wait. Why Matthews will win the Hart this year? No, thats not going to happen either. Huh, when Matthews won the Calder! Thats it! GOTEM

Except he unequivocally deserved that one, didnt he? So if he won this award its because "Reasons" though.

Our media hates our guys more than they like your players, they will vote against them to not look bias more than they will when they are deserving of recognition.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
People that think Matthews will win because of Toronto are only half right

Matthews is going to win because he's the best player nominated. Having a great season is part of it, unless you really think MacKinnon was the most gentlemanly player last year.

Its not a fewest PIM award, its like fewest PIM divided by how good you were and its going to be tough to take it from a Lindsay nominee

I'll be happily surprised if Slavin wins, I doubt any Toronto fan really cares (another reason why "because Toronto" complaining is stupid)

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Why tf is Auston Matthews nominated, hes not even the most sportsmanlike on his team. Jack Campbell >>>>>>>>>>>

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
A dman playing that many minutes in a shutdown role, playing that well, and having 1 minor penalty is astounding.

Slavin
Tanev at his peak was similar in getting very few penalties while being elite defensively. Slavin obviously is on another level though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->