Lack on Waivers

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm not surprised that Lack was put on waivers given the quality of his play. What did surprise me is that the Flames didn't give him one more chance to prove himself.
However, I'm glad to see Rittich get his chance. I expect we'll see him playing tomorrow night in Colorado.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Gillies is already playing 2/3 of the games in the AHL this year and last year he faced a ton of rubber because the Heat were awful at shot suppression. I really think it is a mistake not giving Gillies the chance to prove he is ready. How can someone truly believe they are the guy when his backup gets this opportunity before him?
I see cases for both Gillies and Rittich tbh. As others have said, calling up Rittich gives him a look, and it also allows Gillies to remain the starter down in the minors.

Gillies got the first call up so I still see him as the guy and I'm sure management does as well. If this is what's best for Gillies, then I'm all for it. Gillies is the number one guy absolutely tho, first callups are my reasoning that he (Gillies) still knows he's the guy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Eddie just picked up a win in his Stockton debut.
Likeable guy, just not great.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Eddie just picked up a win in his Stockton debut.
Likeable guy, just not great.
Since you brought up the Heat, how about Hrivik. Since returning from his concussion he has 18 points in 16 games. Has points in 11 of the 16 games and hasn't gone more than a single consecutive game without points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->