lack of right handed shooters

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, it could very well be the other way around. Our two best American d-men (Cheli and Rafi) were both right handed shots.

Just as a reference, I checked the top 15 American scorers last season, and 8 of 15 (53%) are right handed.

Only 4 of the top 15 (26%) Canadians were right handed.

Baseball is screwing up our shooting! :laugh:

RedWingsNow*

Could very well be on to something, but many right handers golf and bat left. Not terribly uncommon.

I used to borrow my dad's hockey sticks all the time when I broke mine because we both shot right. First time I went golfing, I grabbed my dad's clubs, got to the course, went all the way out to the tee and realized he golfed left.

It was like finding out your dad was a double agent.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Was searching some discussion about right handnesses, and found this, quite old topic.

Funny thing is, that we are still having the same problmes with forwards as it was 2013. Defence finally in good shape, thanks to Seider and Hronek.

Maybe that 2022 draft will finally give us also a right-handed elite forward, because what I've understood about some early rankings, all Top4 talents are RIGHTIES and fowards on that draft.

Tough day for Yzerman to pull a lefty, if we pick at Top4. :)

- Shane Wright - R
- Brad Lambert - R
- Matthew Savoie - R
- Ivan Miroshnichenko - R

Also Maddox Fleming is righty.

Some article about early Top3.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/thre...-savoie-and-lambert-the-next-great-draft-trio

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wright, Lambert, Savoie and even Maddox are all right-handed playmakers. They could all set the power-play for left-handed shooters.

That russian Mirosnichenko is more of "ovechkin"-styled physical RH sniper.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Also this is a big reason I was so fond of Cozens last year, I absolutely loved the fit, particularly on the power play. But happy to have Seider, so it’s ok.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Wright, Lambert, Savoie and even Maddox are all right-handed playmakers. They could all set the power-play for left-handed shooters.

That russian Mirosnichenko is more of "ovechkin"-styled physical RH sniper.
man we really messed up the years to be bad.
2020-2023

stacked this year, Next year on D, then Lambert Wright Savoie, then Michkov Bedard.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
If it's any consolation, we have a lot more being bad ahead of us.
Raymond - #1C- Zadina
#2LW- Larkin - Mantha
Bertuzzi - Veleno - Fabbri
4LW- Rasmussen - 4RW

#1LD - Seider
Dekeyser - Hronek
Mcissac - #3RD

#1 Goalie

Big holes to fill. but that could be a cup winning team. Get real lucky the next 3 drafts maybe Power/wright could fill those holes

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I definitely see the Raymond appeal. But if we're talking right-handed scorers and the powerplay, we've got to discuss Holtz right?

Kid scores for fun, and I think the rest of his game is a bit underrated. I personally don't think that we have enough goals in the team to write-off the possibility of Holtz at #4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad