Lack of consistency & lack of Discipline are signs of..

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We're a team with no bite, nobody is afraid of any part of our game - speed, scoring, PP, PK, Goaltending, size, determination, systems. We cannot counter anything any team does against us - whether they are above us or below us in the standings.

We are soft and teams WANT to play us. They spend the majority of the night in our end and don't come out of the game hurting or tired, we lift other teams spirits, this is what we are

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I still can't wrap my head around why people think that one person is ever the problem with a team -- especially when that person is well liked by all of those players. Not to mention literally nobody here *****ing about leadership seems to have any clue what it is, and whether or not it's being used to affect the team positively or negatively in the very small way that it does impact a team.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 9m

Senators D Marc Methot says "leadership" is not an issue. Says Captain Jason Spezza hasn't been afraid to give teammates an earful.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Senators D Marc Methot says "leadership" is not an issue. Says Captain Jason Spezza hasn't been afraid to give teammates an earful.

That always works well, the guy who's by far the worst player in the D-zone and the king of the fly-by telling the 19 other guys to do better.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

...and considering the article that just came out about Spezza working on his defensive game and being a team player I would say it's pretty obvious he's taking responsibility for his faults.

This fanbase sometimes.

That always works well, the guy who's by far the worst player in the D-zone and the king of the fly-by telling the 19 other guys to do better.

lol

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I still can't wrap my head around why people think that one person is ever the problem with a team -- especially when that person is well liked by all of those players. Not to mention literally nobody here *****ing about leadership seems to have any clue what it is, and whether or not it's being used to affect the team positively or negatively in the very small way that it does impact a team.

How about Spezza is just the best player on the ice for either team for an entire 60 minutes.

how about he plays excellent D and leads the O - until that day happens we won't have the player we need to get us to the playoffs, just do it on the ice, that's all anyone wants. Be the best player on the ice - it's that simple. Our Captain is getting outplayed by Smith and Turris every night, it's not acceptable, captain or not

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
...and considering the article that just came out about Spezza working on his defensive game and being a team player I would say it's pretty obvious he's taking responsibility for his faults.

This fanbase sometimes.

lol

Im happy Spezza is trying and I do think Spezza tries to get back defensively as much as he can, his problem is the no look drop pass or slapshot to nobody or reaching for the puck instead of skating to it. At the age of 30, Spezza still has a lot of WTF moments. Maybe its the lack of a decent winger but he certainly needs to make better decisions with the puck.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa

This fanbase sometimes.

lol

If you're so sure he's taking responsibility for his faults, why do you feel the need to defend every criticism of his game?

Articles are one thing, but being on the ice for 4 goals against and no goals for in a game are another.

He's had outstanding games, and then he's also had standing-around games. It's the discrepancy that leaves so much to be desired, and frustrates the perceived "bashers".

Just ignore anyone that wants to put him out with the trash.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How about Spezza is just the best player on the ice for either team for an entire 60 minutes

He has more 1st star selections than anyone in the NHL this year with 3. He may not be consistent but he's still been our most game breaking player. Though you wouldn't know it with all the *****ing.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
He has more 1st star selections than anyone in the NHL this year with 3. He may not be consistent but he's still been our most game breaking player. Though you wouldn't know it with all the *****ing.

Haha. Classic Cujomi.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Do 1st star selections give you points in the standings or prevent goals against or create momentum during games? Because otherwise, who cares?

Spezza isn't our only problem, he's played reasonably well, but he is A problem.
It's good to see him giving an earful but if he helped the team rush back and tie the game or scored some clutch goals the team would be unstoppable.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Seriously it's totally leadership and if Alfi was here the team would be winning... period

His leadership is evident in Detroit, let's compare stats for last 10 game

Detroit
3-2-5

Ottawa
4-4-2

OK... uhhhh.... I'll be back when I have a better argument

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Seriously it's totally leadership and if Alfi was here the team would be winning... period

His leadership is evident in Detroit, let's compare stats for last 10 game

Detroit
3-2-5

Ottawa
4-4-2

OK... uhhhh.... I'll be back when I have a better argument

I'm not sure that was the point of his argument, but Detroit has points in 10 of their last 13 games.

They haven't laid any stinkers like the Philly and CBJ games.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Detroit Red Wings Right Winger Daniel Alfredsson has missed the last few games with an injury.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I'm not sure that was the point of his argument, but Detroit has points in 10 of their last 13 games.

Meh it was just tongue in cheek

But to your argument, Ottawa is still only 5 points behind Detroit. It would be ignorant for anyone to completely dismiss leadership as one of the problems. But to blame it solely on leadership as well would be ridiculous. This team clearly has problems from top to bottom

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Quick fix (i.e. a bandaid until a better fix occurs): assemble an energy line that can provide a spark. Kinda like what Greening-Pageau-Condra provided in the playoffs last year.

Problem is that I'm not sure what parts of this current roster could form an energy line.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I don't believe the article nor do I believe Jason Spezza. It is a copout to buy time until he is physically fit to play. He is slow, slow acceleration = sitting duck all over the ice. He is pushed off the puck very easily = a back that has not allowed his to regain his strength.

I believe he was sulking about not being the No.1 center and not having Bobby Ryan. It showed in his play and I think now he is over it, but the other two physical issues are the main reason why he is "working" on his defensive game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't believe the article nor do I believe Jason Spezza. It is a copout to buy time until he is physically fit to play. He is slow, slow acceleration = sitting duck all over the ice. He is pushed off the puck very easily = a back that has not allowed his to regain his strength.

I believe he was sulking about not being the No.1 center and not having Bobby Ryan. It showed in his play and I think now he is over it, but the other two physical issues are the main reason why he is "working" on his defensive game.

Ah yes and the United States is secretly controlled by lizard people, too.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

hasnt Detroit lost their last 7 games in a row?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Saying spezza is not playing well or near his standard is perfectly ok. The rest of this o he sulked cause turris is playing better, bad leadership for not standing up or beong vocal, bad leadership for being vocal but not playing well is nonsense.

None of us know how he is perceived by teammates or how he is off the ice with cameras off. Its just speculating and calling it facts.

I personally don't think its his "intangibles" he is simply off to a bad start and his body has been through a lot recently. Hopefully he starts playing better or gts healthy or whatever the reason is, like him or not if he can regain most of his previous form it would do wonders for the team.

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
A strong message would be to send 3 forwards and 2 defenceman down to bingo

and recall 3 forwards and 2 defenceman from Bingo.

Pick any players from either team. Can't hurt one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->