Confirmed with Link: Lack 50% + Murphy + 7th ('19) to CGY for Kanzig + 6th ('19)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
That's fine. Saves the Canes half a million Overall and $1.5 million next season.

Murphy was worthless and Kanzig looks like a 6'7" project D.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Doesn't bother me as much as I've seen it bother others. Glad to be done with Murphy, and even though I'd rather ditch Ward at this point, at least the goalie situation is over.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well they obviously weren't worth much. We paid murphy for them to take Lack. At least it provides some clarity for what next seasons team looks like. No more Murphy in the way of Fleury or Mckeown. Got rid of Lack so our goaltending is set.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Pretty happy. Lack and Murphy hold no value at this point and the retention means little as it's only for a year

They were probably waiting on this until Lack was done with his marriage

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I assume the ginormous defenseman is just a contract needing to come back. Murphy will be on waivers in training camp and Lack is probably AHL bound. If he isn't he and Smith could be the worst goalie tandem in the league.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
If I would've ventured a guess 3 hours ago, I would've said that there would be a training camp battle between Dahlbeck and Murphy for the 7D spot.

Looks like it's all Dahlbeck's now.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Finally somebody whose name rhymes with Danzig, I can finally finish that song lyric I was working on in 1996.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Wonder if RF was waiting until he had a FA on his hook before making a move to cut some salary

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I really wanted to like Eddie Lack as a goaltender here. I also really wanted to like Ryan Murphy as a player here and I truly when he was drafted believed he was going to be an important cornerstone to this franchise.

Lets just say neither of them impressed me minus Lacks run in March/April. Murphy had a few flashes of brilliance early in his rookie year but nothing about his game really stood out and he quickly became an afterthought once Slavin/Pesce got going. Best of luck to both of them in Calgary as they both need a change of scenery at this point in their careers. Lack I think will be decent in Calgary, I have my doubts about Murphys NHL future.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Unclogs our G and D positions. Good.

Shocked that Murphy has become negative value. But I guess fearing contact leading to aggregious turnovers will do that to ones career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->