LA & Vegas have yet to score a PP goal.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
LA and Vegas have both played 6 games - LA is 0/21, Vegas is 0/16. While Florida hasn't also scored one, they have only played 3 games, and only had 12 PPO

Has this ever happened before? What's the longest PP drought from the start of the season, because LA is looking to break that record.

I know, I know, "jynx thread", they are obviously gonna score one, eventually.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
We've never had a great power play, but now LA's penalty kill is in the bottom 10 as well, and previously it had been outstanding for years. By all metrics, the LA Kings are terrible.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Sounds like the kings are running a garbage system and not using kovy in a spot that would use his shot.

Vegas idk I only watched them in the ploffs last year so I have no idea their problem

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Sounds like the kings are running a garbage system and not using kovy in a spot that would use his shot.

Pretty much. They had Kovy parked in front of the net at one point, if you can believe that...

Vegas idk I only watched them in the ploffs last year so I have no idea their problem

Icarus flew too close to the sun.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So many things wrong with the Kings powerplay. I don't think Kovalchuk has been used on the point yet; the closest he's been is the half-boards.

Doughty has also been garbage offensively as well. I am too lazy to check, but I don't believe he's had a legitimate shot on goal on the powerplay. He always manages to hit a defending player. Stevens insists on utilizing him, though. Even used him on the first and second unit in one of the games.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So many things wrong with the Kings powerplay. I don't think Kovalchuk has been used on the point yet; the closest he's been is the half-boards.

Doughty has also been garbage offensively as well. I am too lazy to check, but I don't believe he's had a legitimate shot on goal on the powerplay. He always manages to hit a defending player. Stevens insists on utilizing him, though. Even used him on the first and second unit in one of the games.

To be fair, NOT utilizing Doughty on the PP is a sure way to get himself fired.

Although based on what some Kings fans are saying, you might want that to happen anyways. ;)

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I'd like to know the mental gymnastics behind Kovalchuk's role on PP. I mean it's like his most known strength and asset. A huge shot from the point. Seen it hundreds of times on tape. Is the Kings coach only person who doesn't know this?

If no one was coaching the power play, the players would have figured it out and put him in the right spot. So it has to be that a coach is actively working against this. I don't know why....

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Kings have 99 problems right now.
I'd like to know the mental gymnastics behind Kovalchuk's role on PP. I mean it's like his most known strength and asset. A huge shot from the point. Seen it hundreds of times on tape. Is the Kings coach only person who doesn't know this?
It's like placing Ovi as a screen to confuse the Penguins because why would you place him in a position he excels at? The players have no idea what's going. Kings needs to get rid of the coaching staff and then some players.

Reactions: Kevs Security

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I don't think John Stevens has the Internet, and other teams aren't sending him VHS gametapes for scouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad